Anyone waiting on a JL order? - JeepForum.com
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 05-20-2021, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
BruceFL

Anyone waiting on a JL order?

Hello... new here, and excited to join the conversation!

We ordered a 2021 Rubicon Unlimited, white with tan soft top and saddle leather interior. We placed the order on 5/6 and were told that it could take 8 to 12 weeks because of the chip shortage. I'm hearing other people who ordered back in March and April that they got their order in 4 to 6 weeks. Has anyone experienced this? How long did yours take, and what date did you order it? I realize that different builds can take longer because of the options ordered and the availability of the parts needed. Just curious as to what others are seeing in completion time. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Rubicon white-tan2lg.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 05-20-2021, 09:48 AM
LuthWJ77

Garage
Ordered 4/26, was quoted 4-6 weeks and as of yesterday was in final inspection. Another 10-14 days transit time assuming no issues found in final inspection.
BruceFL likes this.
post #3 of 41 Old 05-20-2021, 09:51 AM
LuthWJ77

Garage
Here's a really good resource on this topic with a tracker to watch your build.

https://www.wranglerjlforum.com/for...process.54344/
BruceFL likes this.

post #4 of 41 Old 05-20-2021, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
BruceFL

Thanks, Luth! That's really helpful. Heading over to the dealer now for some other stuff, and will inquire.
post #5 of 41 Old 05-20-2021, 10:35 AM
LuthWJ77

Garage
That thread I sent you has like 985 pages now lol but one thing I read regarding the chip shortage is someone said that FCA would halt production on other slow moving or less profitable vehicles than the wrangler if it had to. Not sure how true this is but considering they don't come off them much it made sense to me. I got 5% under invoice and only had to put $500 down for the record. That same forum has a list of preferred dealers to use around the country that might help you also if you haven't quite pulled the trigger yet. Best deal no hassle is all I cared about.
BruceFL likes this.
post #6 of 41 Old 05-20-2021, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
BruceFL

Thanks, but I couldn't get that thread to work. I'll add a pic of what I see when I click it. Not sure what's going on there.
Attached Images

post #7 of 41 Old 05-20-2021, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
BruceFL

Yeah, I already placed the order with $1000 deposit. Got a little more than 10% off MSRP, but don't know how much off invoice that was, if any. We're like kids waiting for Christmas right now!
post #8 of 41 Old 05-20-2021, 10:59 AM
LuthWJ77

Garage
Hmm maybe just try the main page you'll see the link to the production tracking etc below as it has constant activity on it.

https://www.wranglerjlforum.com/forum/
post #9 of 41 Old 05-25-2021, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
BruceFL

UPDATE: We just heard from our dealer that we have been given a tentative ship timeframe of the first week in June, but the build process still hasn't begun. Sounds like it will start sometime this week. EXCITED!
post #10 of 41 Old 05-25-2021, 09:54 PM
Lhleggtowner

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. My guy said they were getting sold orders in 6 weeks. Fingers crossed for all of us.
BruceFL likes this.
post #11 of 41 Old 06-02-2021, 07:07 AM
captainkoz

New to the forum, hello all. I am about to order mine in the next day or 2, I was told 5-6 weeks for delivery. Also, someone mentioned the chip shortage, and FCA still making sure the wranglers are moving. That is true. My dad retired from Chrysler, and he still keeps up on all the tech news, and he said the same thing to me. So jeeps will keep moving. Other vehicles are going to take the hit, like 3500 Diesel Ram pickups. That's good for me, because I am downsizing from a RAM 3500 Diesel to the jeep, and getting huge money for the truck... Now I just have to decide on which engine to order, the I4 Turbo, or the V6 etorque.
BruceFL likes this.
post #12 of 41 Old 06-02-2021, 07:53 AM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like quite a problem for a while. Rental companies have actually started buying USED cars because they can't fill their fleets. It's counterintuitive, but auto makers are not first in line, the BIG users of chips are phone and TV makers

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g3...chip-shortage/ Rangler not listed, so far. F150 is.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/40192/...-all-last-year
BruceFL likes this.

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
post #13 of 41 Old 06-02-2021, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
BruceFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkoz View Post
New to the forum, hello all. I am about to order mine in the next day or 2, I was told 5-6 weeks for delivery. Also, someone mentioned the chip shortage, and FCA still making sure the wranglers are moving. That is true. My dad retired from Chrysler, and he still keeps up on all the tech news, and he said the same thing to me. So jeeps will keep moving. Other vehicles are going to take the hit, like 3500 Diesel Ram pickups. That's good for me, because I am downsizing from a RAM 3500 Diesel to the jeep, and getting huge money for the truck... Now I just have to decide on which engine to order, the I4 Turbo, or the V6 etorque.
That's great to hear. I wish comms were better between the factory and the dealership though. Sad, really. But, what are we going to do? We want it, they make it... and we just wait! :-)
post #14 of 41 Old 06-02-2021, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
BruceFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkoz View Post
Welcome to the forum, BTW. I'm fairly new here too, and it's been nice so far. Lots of great info!

I ended up picking the V6. I liked the turbo, but I'm one of those "that's a lot of extra moving parts" kind of person. I had bad experiences with a turbo Saab many years ago, but I'm sure the technology is vastly improved since then. I also read a thread from an automotive engineer describing how the 4 cylinder is prone to harmonics that create odd sounds and vibrations. I'm sure it's nothing drastic, but still... Also, I heard that the 4T recommends premium fuel, which kind of offsets any cost of operation advantages. And when a car guru on youtube (or somewhere) said that he was pretty certain the V6 would have higher resale value over the 4T, that cinched it for me. Who knows though, I'm sure both are good engines.
post #15 of 41 Old 06-02-2021, 07:12 PM
captainkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceFL View Post
Welcome to the forum, BTW. I'm fairly new here too, and it's been nice so far. Lots of great info!

I ended up picking the V6. I liked the turbo, but I'm one of those "that's a lot of extra moving parts" kind of person. I had bad experiences with a turbo Saab many years ago, but I'm sure the technology is vastly improved since then. I also read a thread from an automotive engineer describing how the 4 cylinder is prone to harmonics that create odd sounds and vibrations. I'm sure it's nothing drastic, but still... Also, I heard that the 4T recommends premium fuel, which kind of offsets any cost of operation advantages. And when a car guru on youtube (or somewhere) said that he was pretty certain the V6 would have higher resale value over the 4T, that cinched it for me. Who knows though, I'm sure both are good engines.
Thanks, I settled on the V6, putting the order in tomorrow morning. Still undecided on upgrading the transfer case to the select trac Automatic 4WD, I live in Florida so wont need for snow, and although I might go off road once in a while for fun, this is primarily my daily driver.
BruceFL likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in