Anybody score a diesel JL yet? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 Old 01-14-2020, 03:01 PM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuthWJ77 View Post
Curious what the average JF guy or gal thinks of it. The reviews I've seen from the magazines seem to be singing praises but I take that with a grain of salt. Kind of want one but would wait until 2021 to get the bugs out.
Seems there are too many issues with new Diesels to even consider one. Maybe the Jeeps are different?

01TJ33sWarn,ARBs F&R,bellyup,4.0,4.56s,5spd
99 XJ33sWinch,Electric locker up front,4.56s,4.0Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 Old 01-14-2020, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
LuthWJ77

Garage
It's basically the same 3.0 they've been using in the grands and 1500 Ram not sure if those are having problems or not. Other than the wrangler I'm not really a Chrysler guy.
post #18 of 26 Old 01-14-2020, 08:23 PM
Adamoni

I’m pretty new here. Hello. Diesel orders started 10/4 and only a handful have been delivered. With the 440lbs of torque many with plans fir large tires are attracted. Myself, I do 25k Highway miles/yr and plan to keep forever so it fits me. I’m not usually first in on a new model but like someone said here, can’t take your $$$ with you. Price wise you can get a diesel in the sport trim under $40k.

post #19 of 26 Old 01-15-2020, 06:43 AM
Pokey02
2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissywissl View Post
I don't think the AC will work when it shuts down. I'm noticing already that the heat stops at stoplights when mine shuts down. Luckily you can turn it off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
As others have said, the AC runs but just blows air, not cold air.

I live in S Florida, and I have noticed when the cabin temp gets warmer, the engine will come back on to cool the cabin back down. Not quite sure what the threshold is, but I was surprised that the AC kicked back on

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

19 JLR - Mopar 2" lift, 37" Copper STT Pros
13 10a JKUR - Metalcloak 2.5" lift
post #20 of 26 Old 01-15-2020, 08:31 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey02 View Post
As others have said, the AC runs but just blows air, not cold air.

I live in S Florida, and I have noticed when the cabin temp gets warmer, the engine will come back on to cool the cabin back down. Not quite sure what the threshold is, but I was surprised that the AC kicked back on
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The thresholds are supposed to be 40 Degrees on the low end and 80 Degrees on the high end. At least that's what they are in the WK2. At those points, ESS is supposed to not engage or if it did, it is supposed to disengage. Most of the time, it works that way.
Pokey02 likes this.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #21 of 26 Old 01-15-2020, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
LuthWJ77

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamoni View Post
I’m pretty new here. Hello. Diesel orders started 10/4 and only a handful have been delivered. With the 440lbs of torque many with plans fir large tires are attracted. Myself, I do 25k Highway miles/yr and plan to keep forever so it fits me. I’m not usually first in on a new model but like someone said here, can’t take your $$$ with you. Price wise you can get a diesel in the sport trim under $40k.
Adamoni you have one on order?
post #22 of 26 Old 01-15-2020, 11:00 AM
Deserteagle56
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuthWJ77 View Post
It's basically the same 3.0 they've been using in the grands and 1500 Ram not sure if those are having problems or not. Other than the wrangler I'm not really a Chrysler guy.
A great many of the Ecodiesels in the Rams had problems - a lot of them blew up by the time they reached 100,000 miles. Have a good friend that owned one for about 3 years. It was in the shop so much and for so long (lack of repair parts) that he finally traded for a gas engine.

But Fiat states the diesel in the JL is essentially a new engine, different from the previous models, and the changes made were to address the shortcomings of the older engines. We'll see. Not sure I want to be a beta tester. Maybe if Jeep offers a 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty.
post #23 of 26 Old 01-23-2020, 08:05 AM
BoiseRob

I will be ordering a JLUR Ecodiesel in May when my EcoDiesel GC lease is up. We will buyout the lease and my wife will drive it. We have had Zero issues with the vehicle and I refuse to get the EPA flash on the ECM. The GC is a 2016 75th Anniversary Edition in Recon Green,
Attached Thumbnails
jeep2.jpg   jeep 1.jpg  
post #24 of 26 Old 01-23-2020, 09:22 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Looks like granite or some kind of dark gray to me.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #25 of 26 Old 01-24-2020, 09:37 AM
BoiseRob

Ironically, my dealer texted me yesterday that ALL Jeep EcoDiesel production has been "paused" by FCA. I asked if the cause was FCA or EPA related? I'll post once I know more...
post #26 of 26 Old 01-24-2020, 09:39 AM
BoiseRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Looks like granite or some kind of dark gray to me.

Everyone thinks it's black unless the sun is out. The paint is dark green with a heavy pearl content...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in