• 1 Post By captainkoz
  • 1 Post By TWISTEDII
  • 1 Post By Prot
  • 1 Post By BruceFL

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-02-2021, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
captainkoz

Accessories to Add to my new JL

Hello all, i am new to the jeep world, this is my first one. Ordering it tomorrow. Have questions on accessories. I am coming from a RAM 3500, had trucks forever...but jeeps are totally different. What are the must have accessories...Cold Air Intake? Vent shades for the windows...mud flaps...etc? Just wondering, I'm not into tuning the engines with tuners, and I don't plan on doing a lift ( I want this to fit in my garage) But I am curious on the most popular items I should be looking at to accessorize my new Jeep. Any input or opinions would be fantastic. I am getting an Unlimited Sahara Altitude, white with the one touch power top, V6 auto, if that helps. Thanks

BruceFL likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-02-2021, 11:02 PM
TWISTEDII
Once you go Jeep....

The great thing about Wranglers is that they are pretty much a blank canvas for whatever direction you want to go. As far as basic everyday mods, I always add grab handles and rubber floor mats (usually weather-tech, but I went with MOPAR on my new JLUR. Stubby antenna? Some lights? It's getting harder to do all the fun little mods because these Jeeps are coming with so much from the factory already. I'd check out Quadratec and Northridge 4x4 and start clicking away.
BruceFL likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-03-2021, 03:48 AM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Run it stock fir a while and mid as the need arises. This makes for a long rewarding experience and avoids regrettable and sometimes irreversible mods. It also allows any potentially problems to show up while it is still stock and therefore simplifies any issues related to warranty.

Still, the itch is there.

Concentrate on appearance items or interior. For example, if I had a new JL Rubicon, I would immediately work on getting rid of the awful red accents. I am into music big time, so formulating a well laid out plan for audio upgrades would be something high on my list but is something a lot of people don’t care about.

Almost all of this depends on individual preference and usage. For example, a winch makes very little sense to someone who lives in a major city and going off-road to them means getting off the street and into a multi level parking garage. To someone else, a winch is a must have item that gets used regularly.

That being said, common items are:

Upgrade lights to LED if you didn’t get the LED package from the factory
Tray style rubber floor mats
Steel bumpers, winch, recovery gear
Rock slider, side steps, or some combination
Aftermarket auxiliary lights
Audio upgrades
Phone holder and charger
Mounts for fire extinguisher, flashlight, etc
Seat covers
Roof rack
Something to transport dogs

Lift/tires/wheels with potential gear change in the differential
Thunderstrike likes this.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-12-2021, 10:30 AM
BruceFL

Congrats! Welcome to the family!

Word of caution, though... be very, very careful with suspension, tire, wheel, engine, drivetrain, electronics, etc. mods. Many of them could void the warranty. Search forums for "Jeep vehicle warranty void due to mods", and you'll see what others have gone through. It can be a nightmare! ;-)
moparcruiser likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-16-2021, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
captainkoz

Not sure im going to do anything with the suspension or tires etc. This is going to be my daily driver, and I want it to fit in my garage as well. Low garages here in Florida. I do like to add after market items here and there though. Something I did notice, having pickups my whole life, I always add the window vent visors. I don't see any jeep wranglers at all with those on the windows, I haven't seen one. Its funny how you see them all the time on some vehicles, and not on others. Is there storage in every wrangler under the floor in the back? I need a place for my tools that I always keep with me LOL
post #6 of 8 Old 07-06-2021, 10:04 AM
TJSport97
2020 J-Series Truck 

Putting a Borla twin outlet exhaust on mine was a nice touch.

Have a nice day. Gary
post #7 of 8 Old 07-11-2021, 08:37 AM
moparcruiser
2020 LJ Wrangler 

We are long time pickup owners who are also now new Jeep owners.

Not a LOT different from pickups aside from there being a lot more options out there for Jeeps.

We installed a Bolt hood lock (why in this day and age the hood doesnt lock from the factory is beyond me), locking gas cap and wheel locks. Slowing down a thief may not stop them but this stuff may encourage them to move on to an easier target.

Also installed RokBlox flaps and a RucRack...LOVE THEM BOTH.

The RokBlox are removable mudflaps.....in the first few wreeks of owning the jeep we already had a half dozen small rock chips on the fronts on the rear fender flairs.....since the RokBlox, none. keeps the sides clean.

The RucRack is a fold up rack that holds bikes, a cooler, what have you. Has an upper shelf/table, and two flag mounts that can be used for fishing rods. The lower rack flips to hold either two bikes or a cooler. Both the rack and the shelf fold up for when not in use.

Both of these were pricey IMHO but wll made and USA made.

The RucRack was a bit of a headache to install -- the company is still figuring out how to make one product fit the wide variety of jeep years and all the various spare wheel/tire combos out there. I think I helped them a bit with our install as I did have some issues.....nothing that couldnt be figured out though. Mostly around our use of an aftermarket hitch and their load handler bar which supports the load...... Looks to be a very solid , very cool product.......will report back with long term reports.
Attached Thumbnails
rokblokz from front right high for web IMG_20210423_150855866.jpg  
Attached Images

post #8 of 8 Old 07-11-2021, 08:40 AM
moparcruiser
2020 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkoz View Post
Not sure im going to do anything with the suspension or tires etc. This is going to be my daily driver, and I want it to fit in my garage as well. Low garages here in Florida. I do like to add after market items here and there though. Something I did notice, having pickups my whole life, I always add the window vent visors. I don't see any jeep wranglers at all with those on the windows, I haven't seen one. Its funny how you see them all the time on some vehicles, and not on others. Is there storage in every wrangler under the floor in the back? I need a place for my tools that I always keep with me LOL

Storage (and hauling) is DEFINATELY different than in my crew cab pickup...LOL

The RucRack helps with that.

And with the back seat out there is enough room in the back for our typical trip.

I found that with the back seat out, I could use under the front seats as great storage areas.

Our 80th anniversary came with a subwoofer mounted in the small storage place in the rear --- frankly , while I love the sound of the sub, I would have preferred the storage. LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in