About to purchase - what kind of deals are people getting? - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-06-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
MacK

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
About to purchase - what kind of deals are people getting?

Looking at a 2019 Rubicon JLU with all the options (Leather, dual tops, tow package, manual, etc) for around 53k according to the website. Before I head into the dealer, what kind of discounts are they giving? Also, my 2015 JKU Rubi has 104k miles on it and the NADA is between 23-29k. I'd like to aim for 25k for it.

Any suggestions before I go to the dealer would be greatly appreciated!

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-07-2019, 03:45 AM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

I am seeing three thousand dollars off MSRP written on the windshields but the total price ends up being much higher than MSRP due to add one like lift, tires, wheels. They are jacking up the price much more than what those add ins are worth. I saw a four cylinder JLU Rubicon with the theee thousand dollars off MSRP with a total price after the discount sixty five thousand dollars. I can’t but think that it wasn’t all that long ago that a Wrangler was fifteen thousand dollars.

The real bargains are leftover JK and JKU with sixty five hundred off MSRP and usually no add ons.

I only have sixty four thousand miles on my 2014 JKU that I bought in November of 2013.

IMHO you should hang on to your Jeep unless you are having trouble with it. It is not like it has two hundred fifty thousand miles.

Besides, like the JK before it, some early JL’s are experiencing growing pains. My 2007 JKU was awful and is in no way comparable to the 2014 I traded it in for. I swear I will never buy a redesigned vehicle again until it has been out for at least five years. I hated that 2007 with a passion.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-07-2019, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
MacK

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
I am seeing three thousand dollars off MSRP written on the windshields but the total price ends up being much higher than MSRP due to add one like lift, tires, wheels. They are jacking up the price much more than what those add ins are worth. I saw a four cylinder JLU Rubicon with the theee thousand dollars off MSRP with a total price after the discount sixty five thousand dollars. I can’t but think that it wasn’t all that long ago that a Wrangler was fifteen thousand dollars.

The real bargains are leftover JK and JKU with sixty five hundred off MSRP and usually no add ons.

I only have sixty four thousand miles on my 2014 JKU that I bought in November of 2013.

IMHO you should hang on to your Jeep unless you are having trouble with it. It is not like it has two hundred fifty thousand miles.

Besides, like the JK before it, some early JL’s are experiencing growing pains. My 2007 JKU was awful and is in no way comparable to the 2014 I traded it in for. I swear I will never buy a redesigned vehicle again until it has been out for at least five years. I hated that 2007 with a passion.
I totally get what you're saying and I agree because I said the same thing. My cousin has a '18 Rubicon JLU and it's really awesome. He has not had issues with it (and off roaded it with 300 miles on the clock at Rausch Creek) at all. He bought it I think last Feb and maybe delivered in April of last year. I'm on my third JK, two JK's and now a JKU Rubi. My '10 JK Rubi has been the best vehicle by far. My '07 had issues (leaky top, weird engine issues, weird noises). My '15 has had lots of issues and to be honest it's scaring me because I don't want to spend money fixing it every week. I'm officially on my third radio because they keep dying, my throw out bearing is VERY noisey, I had my right head replaced already because of failure, master (or slave, i don't remember) cylinder was replaced, leaky radiator, a lot of misc items replaced. It has been running (knock on wood) great since the head was replaced back in October (see: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/...-news-4326405/, https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/...d-air-4196130/, https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/...-days-4182273/)..

From what I can see the JLU is having way less issues than the initial JKU's. Maybe they learned their lesson or maybe the long term reliability isn't as good? Idk. My Jeep is in its prime to be traded in before I have to drop cash on new brakes, tires, fluids, etc. I would be custom ordering a JLU because I want specific options and I definitely would NOT let them do those silly upgrades. I wonder if I can get money off of a built to order if I would need to grab off the lot? Seems like in my area all they have is automatics. I want manual. I'll be putting a lot of money down, plus trading, plus have a near perfect credit score - so I can haggle with any dealership I want

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.

post #4 of 18 Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Usually you pay full MSRP on a special order.

I have actually been considering buying a TJ. There is one for sale in my city in great shape for only $7,500 but it has 179,000 miles.

I was thinking sell my JKU which is worth a lot, buy the TJ, and the balance would almost be enough to pay off my house. That high mileage bothers me though and I really like my JKU plus it has been pretty reliable.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #5 of 18 Old 05-08-2019, 01:25 AM
swoleminer

I bought a 2018 (but brand new) Wrangler Unlimited Sport S yesterday, MSRP 41k for 37k... Not a Rubicon,
post #6 of 18 Old 05-08-2019, 10:09 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Check with your employer to see if they are a FCA affiliate, if they are then sign up for an affiliate certificate. If not, join Tread Lightly at the $100 level. 30 days after you join, you are eligible for a FCA affiliate certificate.

The affiliate certificate is good for 1% under invoice plus a $75 administration fee. Plus you can stack incentives that might be in effect on top of that price. These work both in the showroom and on factory orders.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #7 of 18 Old 05-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

This was in my email.
Attached Thumbnails
F3AB541A-31DF-46CC-9964-14C85AADACF6.jpg  

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #8 of 18 Old 05-09-2019, 07:10 AM
WXman
2020 J-Series Truck 

There are lots of dealers doing 7-8% under invoice, and that includes special orders. The other JL forum has lots of threads about this. If you shop around a little, you can save several thousand dollars. There was a guy just this morning who bought a Sport S with MSRP of $41k for $35k out the door.

Current Jeep: '20 JT Gladiator Max Tow w/ mods

Prior Jeeps/trucks/cars: Too many to list
post #9 of 18 Old 05-19-2019, 09:13 AM
ekoik

Local $53,900 Rubicon for $49,300. I bought it.
post #10 of 18 Old 06-22-2019, 11:33 AM
StingRay19

Thumbs up

Just bought a brand new '19 Sahara last week with body match colored hardtop (god I love Sting Ray Gray), and they threw in freedom top bag, rubber jeep oem mats (gray jeep logo), a wood jeep keychain and jeep official deck of cards for 44k out the door -
post #11 of 18 Old 06-24-2019, 11:56 AM
airportdave

2018 WK 

Picked up a loaded new "leftover" '18 JL Rubicon two door with the 2.0 ETorque at a Jeep dealer here in Denver this past weekend- 141 miles on it. Stickered for $53,100- got it for $45,500 not including tax/title.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7343.jpg  

2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi Lux Group, Active Safety, BSM, Mopar Rock Rails, Chief Skids, LT275/65/18 BFG KO2's, ARB On-Board Air

2018 JL Rubicon 2.0, LED, HD Electric, Trailer Tow, 8.4 Nav, Steel Bumpers, 35" BFG KO2's, Mopar 2" lift, ARB On-Board Air, Warn Zeon 10S Winch
post #12 of 18 Old 06-25-2019, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
MacK

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Wow - thanks guys. I'm going to be talking to a dealer thursday to see what they can give me on my jeep. One dealer offered me 20k for mine.. no thanks. I will have to special order because no one in a 500 mile radius sells a Rubicon with manual with the options I want..

---
Quote:
post #13 of 18 Old 06-27-2019, 11:43 AM
Pokey02
2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
There is a dealer in MD that will give 8% off dealer invoice. I ordered one through them and will be taking delivery this Saturday. They are not local for me, but had the best deal I was able to find.

Edit: I should add the 8% includes the Tread Lightly discount. Without that, they give 7% below dealer invoice.

My optioned 2 door rubicon was 50,244 (dealer invoice), with the discount I am paying 46,224 plus tax, title and documentation fee of $300.

13 10a JKUR - Metalcloak 2.5" lift
06 LJ Impact Orange - Savvy 3" lift, Savvy UA and 33s
post #14 of 18 Old 08-18-2019, 02:55 PM
WrangleDangle

Deals on new JLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey02 View Post
There is a dealer in MD that will give 8% off dealer invoice. I ordered one through them and will be taking delivery this Saturday. They are not local for me, but had the best deal I was able to find.

Edit: I should add the 8% includes the Tread Lightly discount. Without that, they give 7% below dealer invoice.

My optioned 2 door rubicon was 50,244 (dealer invoice), with the discount I am paying 46,224 plus tax, title and documentation fee of $300.
I'm looking to buy my first Wrangler this coming week.
I am glad to read of the deals that can be had with proper knowledge.
One question, Ho would I get a Tread Lightly Discount?
DO I need to get a membership card or something?
Where would I get it?
Thanks for any help
post #15 of 18 Old 08-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Pokey02
2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrangleDangle View Post
I'm looking to buy my first Wrangler this coming week.

I am glad to read of the deals that can be had with proper knowledge.

One question, Ho would I get a Tread Lightly Discount?

DO I need to get a membership card or something?

Where would I get it?

Thanks for any help
Goto Treadlightly.com and sign up for the affiliate membership. Its 100$ for the year. After sign up, you have to wait 30 days before you can get the 1% off dealer invoice for a vehicle.

Criswell will give 7% without TL or 8% with it. At least that was their internet pricing for 2019 models.

They have a ton of jeeps on the lot too. It was a very easy transaction. I did most of the transaction from out of state, and flew in to take delivery and drive home.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
gsindela likes this.

13 10a JKUR - Metalcloak 2.5" lift
06 LJ Impact Orange - Savvy 3" lift, Savvy UA and 33s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in