Wiring MPI/alternator into old harness. Is this right? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-14-2016, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
alexnpasa

Question Wiring MPI/alternator into old harness. Is this right?

83 Scrambler, 1990 block 4.0 with 1995 engine accessories, mated to Dana 300 , with Chevy 700R4 automatic transmission with a B&M Mega shifter.

Need a little help here. I'm trying to figure out how to integrated my new MPI automatic transmission harness into my old 83 wiring harness, along with where to connect the 1994 alternator field wires now coming off the 1995 donor engine. The engine swap (1990 block) has all 95 parts now. My old harness has the brown resistant wire not attached to anything. The 94 alternator has a solid green and dark green with an orange stripe that needs to be attached to the harness or solenoid somewhere. I just can't seem to figure those out. I will also post what else I have connected to what to ensure I'm doing this right.

New harness wiring.
Red wire from new MPI harness attached to battery.
Currently have blue wire from new harness attached to green with orange tracer field wire on 95 alternator.
Yellow wire from new harness attached to I post of solenoid.
Brown wire from new harness connected to neutral safety micro switch located on B&M transmission Mega shifter.

Light grey with light blue tracer not attached to anything (believe its for tach).

Newly added wiring.
A new black wire now is run from neutral safety micro switch on B&M to ground terminal on solenoid (auto trans).

Old harness wiring.
Red wire with white tracer (13E) from old 83 harness attached to the "I" terminal on solenoid.
Light blue wire (14A) from old 83 harness to "S" terminal on solenoid.
Orange wire (56) from old harness to 4wd switch on Dana 300.
Small red wire with tracer (52A) now connected to backup switch on B&M transmission Mega shifter.
White wire with black tracer (34) on old harness now connected to backup micro switch on B&M transmission Mega shifter.

Also?
I have an extra bolt located above the battery connection to the Mean Green starter that I'm not sure where it should be connected to. (battery side or switched side of solenoid?)

There are also 2 available small (cut off) red wires from old harness not attached to anything. Assuming they are for electric choke switch (one is from the 52A circuit I believe, and the other I believe is (275C) but I maybe wrong on those though.

This is what I have going on right now and well..... Im not real sure Im doing this right and I would love to finally finish hooking everything up as it should be.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags
4.0 engine swap , alternator , neutral safety switch , scrambler , wiring harness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in