What led headlights do you have good or bad ? - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By bwwhaler

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-07-2021, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
agear
1984 CJ7 

What led headlights do you have good or bad ?

Looking for some details/reviews on what leds other major owners have . I just ordered some anzo led headlights but they don't tell you the lumens.

1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-07-2021, 05:47 AM
bwwhaler

I went with Hella H4 ECode headlights with 6k led's from amazon, I have them in both my jeeps. No issues, plug and play, didn't have to cut buckets, etc... I have had them for several years now with no issues.
Axhammer and Dons_77 like this.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-07-2021, 07:51 AM
robblue6412

1980 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by agear View Post
Looking for some details/reviews on what leds other major owners have . I just ordered some anzo led headlights but they don't tell you the lumens.
Are you set on LED's or willing to entertain Halogen's? I just did a Halogen conversion I could share with ya

Rob
1980 CJ7 304/4sp

post #4 of 7 Old 10-07-2021, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
agear
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwhaler View Post
I went with Hella H4 ECode headlights with 6k led's from amazon, I have them in both my jeeps. No issues, plug and play, didn't have to cut buckets, etc... I have had them for several years now with no issues.
How much brighter are they.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robblue6412 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agear View Post
Are you set on LED's or willing to entertain Halogen's? I just did a Halogen conversion I could share with ya
I am . Super cool of you for the offer though

1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-07-2021, 01:56 PM
Matt80cj
1980 CJ7 

I did the truck lite brand several years ago. I got them from Napa. They weren't cheap that's for sure. They fit no mods needed and are DOT approved. They are bright. On high they are as good as the 14" 2 row light bar I have on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 Old 10-08-2021, 06:38 AM
bwwhaler

They are very bright, you have to make sure that your headlights are adjusted correctly or you will be getting flashed by on coming traffic... the E Codes have a pretty sharp cut off on the top, so they are pretty easy to adjust. Just do a search on the forum and you will find out more info on them.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-13-2021, 07:20 PM
brianscoob

1976 CJ7 

Garage
I just upgraded to the Halogen lights and I had to instal a prewired relay that hooks up to the old wiring and it made a huge difference. I got the information on this site somewhere. In my opinion LED lights are a huge pain in the *** and others hate them. Especially if you have a lifted Jeep CJ as they are too bright on other drivers, plus they are illegal in some states. Good Luck on your decision as brighter lights makes a huge difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in