Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#122 ·
Walked out to it at a little before 5 A.M., hit the gas pedal once, turned the key, let her idle for a minute or two because I haven't started it in a week or so and drove to the gym. Gotta love a 22 year old daily driver!

#123 ·
Continued to attempt to put her brand spank'n new supertop on. I don't know if it's because it is new or cold or my mechanical abilities but this thing is tight. So tight I can't get the driver side rear window in. It could also be that my windshield is bent forward about an 1/8". I'll continue to mess with it tomorrow morning before going to work.:(

#124 ·
Today was productive. Gotta love daylight savings. Yesterday I took off the yj m/c and welded on a 1/2 inch to the pushrod. Got that installed today. Put on a steering wheel. But the horn still doen't work. I think that I am missing the contact ring. Then I put on used parking lights and a new side marker plug. It did not fix my problem. One parking light and the side marker are not getting enough juice to turn on but the turn light works. And the biggie was replacing this thing with a correct alternator bracket. That allowed me to move the alt. belt to the first groove on the pulley and the power steering belt to the second pulley. The belt angles look much better. Also got indicator lights and heater cables. They went in easy but there were none to begin with so figuring where they went was the hardest part. Oh yeah, also put on new washers and nuts for the headlight and wiper knob and installed a steering column cover. And when I was done I turned her on for thr first time in 2 weeks and drove around the neighborhood for 30 mins. I need to bleed the brakes!
This is the alt. contraption.

Attachments

#127 ·
moved gas lines away from rear frame rail,cut alot of frame out,started welding in new to hold me over till next year when i'll get a new galvinized frame..ordered new shackles front and rear,rear pinion seal and bearing and a couple other lil things..hopefully tommorow my lift will be in

#128 ·
4xgore said:
Continued to attempt to put her brand spank'n new supertop on. I don't know if it's because it is new or cold or my mechanical abilities but this thing is tight. So tight I can't get the driver side rear window in. It could also be that my windshield is bent forward about an 1/8". I'll continue to mess with it tomorrow morning before going to work.:(
Hang in there, 4x- I had to heat mine inside and out to get it on last week.

wait 'til the sun comes out on thursday- it'll help a bunch!

Hoss

#129 ·
Thanks for the encouragement Hoss. I wont be able to get to it until Thursday anyway so I hope letting it sit stretched out will help. I keep checking the weather in hopes of sunny warm days. I hope there is enough on Thursday to get the job done. I'm glad to hear that you had the same problem. Not that I enjoy hearing that you had a hard time but so I know I haven't screwed anything up. By the way, what did you use to heat it up with?

#130 ·
Just shipped out my ECU/PCM and engine harness to get all fixed up and getting my shopping list together from Summitt to start configuring my fuel delivery system for my 4.3.......

#131 ·
This event occured over th weekend on satrday, but I installed my 4 new Skyjacker 7000 shocks :) As my rancho 5000's were too short to go off roading with, with my reverse shackle. And also sunday I put gas it in...only 11 gallons, so not too bad. But at $3.41 a gallon.. o well. its well worth it!

#132 ·
4xgore said:
Thanks for the encouragement Hoss. I wont be able to get to it until Thursday anyway so I hope letting it sit stretched out will help. I keep checking the weather in hopes of sunny warm days. I hope there is enough on Thursday to get the job done. I'm glad to hear that you had the same problem. Not that I enjoy hearing that you had a hard time but so I know I haven't screwed anything up. By the way, what did you use to heat it up with?
space heater inside, and a 100'x150' shop. (parked inside at work):2thumbsup:

seriously, the heat inside may have been enough.

and, for what it's worth, I zipped everthing up first, and snaped the rail's in, and did the rear bar as the very last thing. I was only able to get it to the very first adjustment hole, and it is tight as a drum.

Hoss

#133 ·
Washed it... found all the rust spots from my crappy attempt at painting it last year... removed the stock fender flares and cried when I found more rust... lol So today I'm going to wire brush and sandpaper the rusted areas and spray over with a random color of Rustoleum :cheers: Then this summer I'll probably repaint it all... lol

Also ordered TJ style fender flares for more splash protection on my windows etc and new lights for everything except headlights...

#134 ·
Was going to clean up parts from the 360 rebuild but the wifee said we needed to go help her dad move something in the house. Cool. fired it up and took the back way thru the desert, up and down some small hills, all told about a 7 minute ride but it puts a smile on the face.

#137 ·
Put my bikini top on. The Jeep, not me.

#138 ·
Finished putting on the new Rock hard 4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier...and took the doors of since it was like 75 today:)

#139 ·
Put a new drivers seat in, Put new chrome hood latches on, took my three girls on rides around the neighborhood since it was about 90 today and they are on spring break, realized how floaty the thing is going down the road, came home climbed underneath and started looking around until one of my 7 yo twins decided to jump in and started playing with the clutch and almost rolled over me, she then preceded to tell me she could probably drive better than me and not to tell her what to do in HER jeep! :rofl:

#140 ·
Today I unclogged my carter carburator, AGAIN! :suicide: