Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your CJ today?

3M views 32K replies 3K participants last post by  rixcj 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread was floating around in the TJ forum when I was down there......so I'm stealing it.....

What did you do to your CJ today?

#63 ·
Took off the super enormous WARN sticker which was on the hood from the PO....looks much better now.

#66 ·
I installed a brand new rear driveshaft. Put on a new glovebox door and grab bar. The jeep did not come with them and now the glovebox door hits the grab bar.:confused: It seems that I am missing a dash brace. :thumbdown: Also found out that the front and rear are geared different.:brickwall Good day:cheers2: Bad day:suicide:

#67 ·
Joonhoss71 said:
did it come off OK?

(that was easily the biggest sticker I'd ever seen on a Jeep)

Hoss
Yes....it took 3 hours to get it....and I agree it was the biggest sticker I have ever seen on a Jeep:laugh:

The sticker was kind of baked on the hood from the heat of the engine so even with using a hair dryer to make it more plyable it still would rip every inch or so...

I tried WD40 and Goo Gone on the sticky stuff after I got the sticker off, neither worked very well so after an hour or so of messing with that my wife suggested one of those magic erasers....it worked like a charm....took 4 of them to get all the sticky off.

I buffed the hood with Zymol cleaner wax and put a coat of Meguires Show car polish on it....looks brand new.:thumbsup:

#68 ·
Turned the garage light on, looked at it sitting there half torn down, on jacks. Sighed, turned the light off. Went back to figuring out how to buy "must need" parts as cheap as possible.:brickwall

#69 ·
PB Blasted the body bushing bolts and suspension parts, getting ready for a 2 1/2" lift and polyurethane bushings. Seafoamed the carb.

#74 ·
What a bad day I had..finshed up mt heater core install,took it for a ride after letting it warm up and checking for leaks,and low and behold when I got back it was gushing worse than before..Disgusted with the 7,I pulled the scrambler out of the car port,and I forgot I used a tie down to hold the rear of the carport down to the rear bumper of ther scrammy...BANG whent the back of the carport...It now has a custom fastback look to it...all in all a good day

#76 ·
Just peeked at my CJ as I left for work while I was remember that yesterday it was in the 70s and I drove it to work. After work, the wife and I took the Jeep and went out to dinner. ....thinking all along, "This thing is running great. What don't I know is about to happen?" ....and... thinking that I need to pull the engine but it's sure running good.

#77 ·
Still sitting in the garage waiting on the UPS guy to deliver my parts....Not that I really mind driving the New Dodge CTD to work...heheh :)

#78 ·
I drove it into the woods in my yard to rescue my son and my tractor. He managed to sink the tractor in a swampy creek. I even got to use the winch to pull it out :wave: .

#79 ·
For the first time since last June I drove it to the gas station.
The last time it went it had a 258 under the bonnet, now it's got a 360.
Man what a difference, can't wait to get it tuned up but at the minute it really flies

#80 ·
Drove it to work for the first time in two weeks. much like griswold though this is the best this thing has ran since i got it, also thinking, ok whats about to break. Took a deep breath and rationalized to myself that much like humans, jeeps just need some time off to rest and heal themselves, everything will be ok. :2thumbsup: