LinkBack Thread Tools
post #27871 of 27980 Old 09-22-2021, 01:17 PM
agear
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourtrail View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agear View Post
Put my offroad led lights back on . I had to tap into the dimmer switch wire unfortunately so they would pass inspection and go off with the high beams or however I cant remember . But all is good
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneTower View Post
You said you had to tap into the dimmer switch. Did you dim them with the dash dimmer or did you just use the headlight switch so that they went off when the high beams come on. I would have made them removable with a Weatherpack connectors and wired them how I wanted them and just removed the lights for inspection. You could also install a second (out of sight) switch that would cut power to the main switch. You could use this switch in the event you were pulled over. ...They don't work officer...

Nice work. They look great.

Double throw switch, one way always on, center off, other way functions with the headlights. Looks just like a normal switch at inspection.
Thanks fellas I used the floor dimmer switch (high beam switch) . These are quadratech led lights and they come wired with deutsch connectors , which were next to impossible for me to get off to remove the lights for inspection. I used a jeep factory cj style light switch panel and a kc high lites switch

Attached Thumbnails
163233820698175902006779847154_1632338220722.jpg  

1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27872 of 27980 Old 09-22-2021, 01:53 PM
JEEPFELLER

1977 CJ5 

Garage
I just noticed DOWNs' hitch.

I couldn't bear whacking off my ring on my M-416, and welding on a hitch

I've seen it a lot

I guess to each his own.

This is how I got around it and why.

My CJ2A has a pintle hitch originally.

My CJ-5 has a ball hitch.

I can pull it with either hitch with my adapter.

Sometimes I go way off in "Willy" (my CJ2A) and pull the M-416.

In the early days of me using "Willy" he might glitch (and still could)

There I sat dead in the water Jeep and trailer.

So depending on my mission, anymore, I'll throw the adapter inside the trailer or tie it underneath out of sight.

If I get stranded now or just want the trailer taken elsewhere, anyone with a 2 inch ball can pull it. Getting the Jeep by itself home is so much easier.

----JEEPFELLER
Attached Thumbnails
PINTLE ADAPTER.jpg  
post #27873 of 27980 Old 09-22-2021, 06:41 PM
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFELLER View Post

I've seen it a lot

I guess to each his own.

So depending on my mission, anymore, I'll throw the adapter inside the trailer or tie it underneath out of sight.

If I get stranded now or just want the trailer taken elsewhere, anyone with a 2 inch ball can pull it. Getting the Jeep by itself home is so much easier.

----JEEPFELLER
I always have a pintle hitch on my Jeep. Can use it on anything with a receiver style hitch too. Boy Scout motto, "always be prepared".
Attached Thumbnails
001 (6).jpg  
John Strenk likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Crabtree Shackle Hangers)

My build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #27874 of 27980 Old 09-23-2021, 06:28 AM
agear
1984 CJ7 

Just tidy,d up some wiring..
I went full circle.
Computerized carb and wiring.
Bypassed computer minimal wiring.
Fuel injection electric fans a lot of wires again

1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
post #27875 of 27980 Old 09-23-2021, 08:37 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
I went full circle.
Funny how that works out but at least the new wires are used to satisfy you instead of the government

I drive a Prius to save money and buy more Jeep Parts....
post #27876 of 27980 Old 09-23-2021, 08:50 AM
agear
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Quote:
I went full circle.
Funny how that works out but at least the new wires are used to satisfy you instead of the government
Oh yea !. You know I don't have anymore exhaust fumes to speak of. The holley sniper efi is pretty sweet. Has some capability. Can trigger electric fans . Bump up the idle when you turn on the ac. Switch off the ac when you give it enough gas pedal for power..

It supports up to like 300 hp

post #27877 of 27980 Old 09-23-2021, 02:10 PM
agear
1984 CJ7 

Replaced non existing driver rear lower shock bushing.

post #27878 of 27980 Old 09-24-2021, 06:41 PM
downs

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Changed rear diff fluid in the XJ, rotated tires on the CJ5, ran the wiring for the lights on the M416 but haven't moutned or wired the lights yet. Got the hood for the 2A stripped, primed and painted and got the tub pulled off and frame rolled into the garage.

First panel of the project is stripped, primed and painted. Tub is removed and frame is pushed into the garage for further disassembly.

"Ford Dark Gray"

Jim1611, Brianscj5, Rsb201 and 1 others like this.

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4X4 Stock
AW4/NP231/C8.25/D30/"UpCounty" suspension
post #27879 of 27980 Old 09-24-2021, 06:43 PM
downs

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFELLER View Post

I've seen it a lot

I guess to each his own.

----JEEPFELLER
Was done long before I came into possession of that trailer. I'm guessing when the Texas Forest Service owned it they did it. It works and still pivots so I'm not in a hurry to spend the money to convert it back to a lunette ring.

post #27880 of 27980 Old 09-24-2021, 07:33 PM
sonnychiss
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by downs View Post
Changed rear diff fluid in the XJ, rotated tires on the CJ5, ran the wiring for the lights on the M416 but haven't moutned or wired the lights yet. Got the hood for the 2A stripped, primed and painted and got the tub pulled off and frame rolled into the garage.

First panel of the project is stripped, primed and painted. Tub is removed and frame is pushed into the garage for further disassembly.
all in one day?
downs likes this.
post #27881 of 27980 Old 09-24-2021, 07:41 PM
downs

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnychiss View Post
all in one day?

yes

post #27882 of 27980 Old 09-24-2021, 07:47 PM
sonnychiss
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by downs View Post
yes
That's a big day, kudos to you.
downs likes this.
post #27883 of 27980 Old 09-25-2021, 08:15 AM
bob4703
1974 CJ5 

I spent the last two afternoons doing a 30 minute job. I have been housebound for so long I didn't mind. The guy who checked the CJ5 last time didn't get the master cylinder cover on just right and the fluid to the front got low. I will discuss this with him when I shave later in the day. Decided that to be on the safe side I'd gravity bleed the front brakes. So I started. There are four brake cylinders and you need three different sized wrenches to open the bleeder valves and one is metric. Rounded up the needed tools except for my 1/4" breaker bar which is not a necessary tool but makes things easier. Went to town and bought a new one and a can of brake cleaner. New one was to fat to get to the valve so out came the wrenches. After topping off the fluid gravity bled one side. Then went to get the new quart bottle of DOT 3 and found that it wasn't new and just had enough to top it off one more time. Yesterday I had to take the boss to buy her new winter boots--never mind she never wore last winter's boots. On the way home I picked up a fresh bottle at O'Reilly's. Checked on a new Master cylinder and the only rebuilt option they had was to bring mine in and they would send it off and get it rebuilt for $50. Other stores have them available and for half that price. A new gasket is all I really need. Can't find one and if I did Murphy would show up and I'd need new everything. At least have brakes for the cruise today. I'll replace it after I get over my "outpatient" heart procedure next week which will probably keep me in the hospital at least one night and get over the no heavy lifting, no tugging or straining, and "no getting in or out of your Jeep for a minimum of a week!" (Doctor is a Jeep guy too.)

The 48 model with some original parts owner and the 74 with fewer original parts Jeep are both finding out that the older we get the harder it is to keep us up to speed.

-----

Paved roads are prime examples of government over spending!
post #27884 of 27980 Old 09-25-2021, 08:28 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

We have found some MC needed to be sanded flat on the top to seal well.

This involves putting some sandpaper on a sheet of glass and invert the MC and then move it in a figure 8 until flat.
258 and bob4703 like this.

I drive a Prius to save money and buy more Jeep Parts....
post #27885 of 27980 Old 09-25-2021, 03:34 PM
agear
1984 CJ7 

Replaced passenger rear wheel bearing. Gear oil was leaking out . After applying super 300 on where I wanted to seal things I discovered the lock collar wasn't pressed on all the way so the seal wouldn't have been doing anything had I left it like that. And maybe the wheel would have fallen off . Got it pressed the rest of the way on and just added some more permatex on the partially dry permatex ( wish me luck )and got it all back together and driveable . I'll check on it tomorrow maybe and maybe adjust the brakes we'll see what happens though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in