Tired of crap that doesn't work? Off Road Reports.ORG - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
JeepHammer
Web Wheeler
1973 CJ5 

Tired of crap that doesn't work? Off Road Reports.ORG

How about a web site that is dedicated to finding the QUALITY AMERICAN MADE PARTS WITH BULLET PROOF PERFORMANCE, but a one stop shop...

Buy some import crap that didn't work?
Gave up the first time you tried to make it work?
Wouldn't fit/broken out of the box?

Want to find something that actually works the first time, every time, no questions asked but don't know where to look?

Want reviews from guys that ACTUALLY USE the products?
Find out how they worked, how well the fit, how easy they were to install?
Need tech tips for installing this or that item?

Reports on ACTUAL VEHICLES WITH ACTUAL JEEPERS/OFF ROADERS.
Ease of install, how well the parts hold up,
Who didn't live up to their hype,
Someplace for you to get an actual person with no dog in the fight to tell you what he ACTUALLY thinks about a product or service for the off road industry in general, and Jeeps in specific...

How about some "How To" articles!
Are you proud of your work?,
Did you do things 'Correctly'?
Did you take pictures?

HOW ABOUT AN ARTICLE!

How about John Strenk's dissertation on gauge trouble shooting, tuning, wiring, ect!

How about a NO BS version of the 'TeamRush' upgrade with parts that work EACH & EVERY TIME out of the box...

How about a full explanation version of Mike Romain's 'Nutter Bypass' with pictures and directions... Maybe a video...

How about links to service manuals on every arcane model ever built...

Just a clearing house for USERS that have these little treasures hidden away on a hard drive somewhere?

----------------------------------------------

I pulled the trigger, I'm footing the bill for the first two years to see how this develops...

It's up to you for CONTENT,
If you have CONTENT you want to share, then I'd like to have it!

This is an .ORG web site,
So it's FREE TRADE, don't infringe on the copyrights of others,
So original content if you are donating it,
LINKS to copyrighted material if you don't own the pictures, ect.

---------------------------------

THIS WILL NOT BE A BASHING SITE!

Have a product problem, I'd like to know about it.
I want PICTURES/PROOF of what didn't work, and if you know, WHY it didn't work...
If you want to let us know if the retailer made good on the product or not, that fine, but NO NAME CALLING! (Nothing that will get me sued!)

The ONLY reason I didn't get sued when I called out the distributor gear sellers is because I had EVERYTHING DOCUMENTED,
Names, places, receipts, customer statements, samples of defective product, ect...

So let's keep my fat butt out of jail!

The name of the new domain is 'Off Road Reports',
that's 'OffRoadReports.org',
I'll post it as a link when the domain comes through and I have an actual site to start posting to...

---------------------------------------

On the flip side,
Do you have an ALL AMERICAN MADE PRODUCT THAT YOU WANT DISPLAYED/TESTED?

How about hooking up with one of the users that will install/test your product and report back on it!

These will be your friends and neighbors, people you have asked for advise and helped you out already...
With NO DOG IN THE FIGHT, just an actual, honest opinion on the products available out there...

As you know, I have RECENTLY done winch testing with two different products from two different suppliers...
And you KNOW... I 'Test' within an INCH OF THEIR LIVES!
You also know I paid full retail, I owe those winch companies NOTHING,
And I'm capable of being BRUTALLY HONEST when it comes to this stuff...

This IS NOT 'Staged' testing for an advertisement, I'm pulling logs, dragging locked up vehicles, yanking on them to within an INCH of their lives,
SO it's more of a REAL WORLD test than a 'Let's see if we can make this 'Look' scientific without actually burning anything up...

IF IT SMOKES, YOU WILL SEE IT!

I want the same from the rest of you!
I WANT to see those lift springs flex, kink, twist! If they pass, FINE, We've found a 'Reliable' product.
IF they break, I WANT TO SEE IT! That is the stuff Jeepers need to know BEFORE they get hosed down for a ton of money on something that won't stand up to an Off Road Vehicle!

-------------------------------------

I want to see those 'Low Buck' improvements/fixes too!

I've got some I've posted here going on there, from electrical to mechanical...
Stuff you CAN DO for cheap that will make a difference without buying a $400 'Replacement' part that is proprietary,
Or spending $30 for a 1 washer or bolt...

It's up to YOU GUYS to make this work, I can't do it alone!

REMEMBER,
'Free' internet information is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it!
LINK:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LINK:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 06:01 PM
scso81

1980 CJ7 

Count me in!

My sweet 1980 CJ7 continuing build.

post #3 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM
hutch1200
Recovering Bronco Rider

1979 CJ7 

God Speed! I don't know what I can contribute besides....
"How not to do Stuff", "Hey watch this" semi fatal videos!, "How to tune Webers carbs w/a pipe wrenchand a toothpick". "The Encyclopedia of what parts your Mother-in-Law wants for your Jeep", Volume 1. "How to score cheap parts w/just a flashlight and crowbar". "Why there hasn't been a DECENT short wheelbase Jeep built since Georges Besse was assassinated". "Borrowing or outright theft?... w/guest Phil Donahue". "How to claim your Jeep as a Charity on your taxes". "Kama Sutra and your CJ", aka "The Art of Luvin in/on your Jeep". "Methanol, In your tank, and on the rocks w/lime". "101 Trespassing excuses". "Rental vehicles as a used parts source".
I'd be glad to donate all these, and many more, articles that I never copyrighted because nobody would publish them. Not even "Tiger Beat" or "Penthouse Letters" . Just trying to do my part.

I've also learned that sometimes... when people don't agree with you .... its best to hold them down and kidney punch them till they agree with you

post #4 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Hurricane4
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Garage
X2 - I'm in! Great idea!

"The unbelievable we can do immediately . . . the impossible just takes a little longer."
My College Accounting Professor

"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"
Winston Churchill

Jeeps I Have Owned in Year Order:
'61 CJ5, '63 CJ6, '78 CJ5, '79 CJ5 (Current), '79 CJ7 & '86 CJ7.
post #5 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 08:27 PM
titomars

1981 CJ7 

I am in!! you have an awesome idea.
post #6 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 PM
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Definitely a great idea! Maybe it'll inspire some people to get us a better supply pipe going as well!

'85 CJ-7 Laredo currently under construction.

post #7 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Mickey_D

1997 ZJ 

I will do what I can. Will tools be included? I hope so because then I will have something to contribute right off the bat. Very few people (still alive) are as hard on tools and equipment as I am.

1997 ZJ 5.2 Orvis, Baby!
1953 Willys M100 trailer Tagalong

post #8 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM
hutch1200
Recovering Bronco Rider

1979 CJ7 

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepboyny View Post
Definitely a great idea! Maybe it'll inspire some people to get us a better supply pipe going as well!
To heck w/trail rated....I'd rather trust the ORR.org concept. And a discount for user/members would be sweet. The more parts in real product USERS hands would behoove them in order to get better/more reviews. No?

What about shops that do good work? I'd leave out jip joints because that could debouche into slander. But the good garages should get a 4 wheels up, if they've done well by someone or two.

I've also learned that sometimes... when people don't agree with you .... its best to hold them down and kidney punch them till they agree with you
post #9 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 PM
fyrdeputy

1983 CJ7 

Great idea JH. I'm in.

"If the mountian was smoothe, then you wouldn't be able to climb it." Author Unknown.
post #10 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 PM
robert1973

1977 CJ7 

Wish i had something to contribute! This sounds like a site i'll be able to absorb and not return anything. I'll donate 20$ if accepted for the return in knowledge to help foot the bill...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
The Right is wrong and the Left is stupid
post #11 of 22 Old 12-07-2011, 11:25 PM
CJ7Sasquatch
1979 CJ7 

Sounds awesome, I'm in
post #12 of 22 Old 12-08-2011, 07:48 AM
gunrun45
1982 CJ7 

Sounds like a great idea and warehouse of tested knowledge! Like the ultimate sticky thread
post #13 of 22 Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
JeepHammer
Web Wheeler
1973 CJ5 

I purchased the domain name, I will provide the hosting...

Anyone know how to build a web site that actually works?
(..It's quite obvious I don't...)

How about the user that just got his 'Alloy USA' axles in from India with China U Joint and splines that won't allow his Lockouts to install...?
Would that be a good place to start?

REMEMBER,
'Free' internet information is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it!
LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:
post #14 of 22 Old 12-08-2011, 08:50 AM
duffer
1955 CJ3B 

hey, wow!!!!!!

and I will certainly donate $ for site support
post #15 of 22 Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Domino
1980 CJ5 

I love this idea!!! Thumbs up JH!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in