Teach me about CJ trims and packages. Want to learn - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-04-2021, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
82/84 CJ7

Hello everyone, might be a one of the less useful posts. But I just like learning history and neat stuff. Especially with cars and Jeeps. If anyone wants I’d like to here you all chime in and explain what you know about the various trim levels and packages offered on CJs through the years

I’m not 100 percent sure but I’m pretty sure my CJ is part of the “special value package” from late 1984. It has almost all the criteria of the package. Such as: 5 speed, 20 gallon tank, bumperettes, Adriatic blue paint ( paint code 4L on my tag), fog lamps (the lamps are gone but bracket and switch still there) and rear seats. So I can’t be 100 percent sure as I don’t have the window sticker but I’m confident. Anyone know how to confirm

As for other jeeps I know the 60s had the tuxedo package, the 70s renegade and the Levi’s packages.

Just want to learn so cool factoids and trivia.

Thanks
Jarod

Attached Thumbnails
45F9C09D-86FB-471B-A390-3A08C69A9B0E_1620151600951.jpeg   9BA7BDE6-FC23-4879-A952-C6F731D138C4_1620152187806.jpg  
Attached Images

84 CJ7 with 258 and T5 On 30x9.50x15 general grabber ATX
She ainít fast but sheís fun.

Last edited by 82/84 CJ7; 05-04-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-04-2021, 10:55 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

I think one of the most important things to know/remember about jeep options/ package is that every option was also available as a stand alone item, and could be ordered/ installed by the factory or dealer. I say this because many people have come to this forum having a few key items and being sure they have a special or super rare model jeep (I do not mean you!) I'm fairly sure your probably is the special order package, especially because of the paint color.

Now then, that said, there are definitely packages through the years, most noticeably the Renegade and Laredo models, but also the spring special, limited, super jeep, and golden eagle, just to name a few...

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #3 of 5 Old 05-05-2021, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
82/84 CJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
I think one of the most important things to know/remember about jeep options/ package is that every option was also available as a stand alone item, and could be ordered/ installed by the factory or dealer. I say this because many people have come to this forum having a few key items and being sure they have a special or super rare model jeep (I do not mean you!) I'm fairly sure your probably is the special order package, especially because of the paint color.

Now then, that said, there are definitely packages through the years, most noticeably the Renegade and Laredo models, but also the spring special, limited, super jeep, and golden eagle, just to name a few...

Hoss
Thank you Hoss, I’m not trying to sound cocky and think I have a super Jeep. Trust me it’s still the same rusty cheap Joop I’ve come to know it *** lol, just now it’s got a cool uniqueness aspect I or most didn’t know about.

One thing though I do wish jeep would mark in the firewall tag if it was a package option kinda like mopar did. Just so there’s no guessing. But I guess that’s part of the fun lol.

Does anyone know more about the bicentennial package. I heard the CJ5 had a special trim variant?

84 CJ7 with 258 and T5 On 30x9.50x15 general grabber ATX
She ainít fast but sheís fun.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2021, 09:05 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82/84 CJ7 View Post

Does anyone know more about the bicentennial package. I heard the CJ5 had a special trim variant?
The one I familiar with from 1976 was a 10 model run, basically a reiteration of the 1973 super jeep, which were made/ built with the sole use of marketing/vehicle shows

https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicl...j-5-super-jeep

https://www.fourwheeler.com/features...g-the-unicorn/

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2021, 04:41 PM
MrPeter63
1983 CJ7 

From what i know, a Bicentennial package would be the Super jeep. My buddy had a '76 CJ7 and it had, not a sticker, but like a bicentennial plaque on the dash. If i remember correctly. Could of been a dealer thing i guess... Don't think there was anything special about it..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in