Speaker pods/tubes?? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-05-2020, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
StoneTower
1985 CJ7 

Speaker pods/tubes??

Who has built their own speaker pods.

I was watching a video on YouTube and it turned out to be our own AlpineLizzard. In the video he referenced building his own speaker pods. He has some very helpful information in his thread about building the pods starting at post 602.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/a...0/index41.html

I might also add that Dadamsnv (AlpineLizzard) has a great thread, is very helpful when asked a question via private message and makes great videos. Just don't let him drive your Jeep if it has a warmed up motor because he might break it somewhere on a desert road...

What have other done for speaker pods?

I am always looking for ideas. I was thinking of maybe making my pods out of an 8" PVC coupler and putting a back in it and running 8" speakers. It would really add some sound to a CJ7.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-07-2020, 06:21 AM
Dryseals
1980 CJ7 

The real trick is getting the T/S (thiele small) parameters first and foremost, then you can determine the type of enclosure size wise that works best for you given speaker. I use SoundEasy, its a pretty complex program, I've been using it for around 12 years now, I can run some models for you if you would like, maybe even get off into some odd ball designs...its just another one of those hobbies I enjoy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in