Selling my factory CJ7 seat covers - Recommendations? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-09-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
uw91

1984 CJ7 

Garage
Selling my factory CJ7 seat covers - Recommendations?

Hi all,

I've swapped out my seat covers for some leather ones from lseat.com (kinda regret it, but have to live with it now) and I'm wondering what the best route to get rid of these things will be.

I'm in WA state and these things are dang expensive to ship and no idea what a good asking price is. Should I just post them on the classifieds here and the local CL and hope and pray? I know the Classifieds here are for all Jeeps and not sure if that is the best route.

I have a pair of Laredo Italian Purse front seat covers with one bottom damaged and the second slightly coming apart.
Pair of black denim fronts, on seat, with one bottom damaged.

1 fold n tumble black denim seat cover in awesome condition.

Should I strip the other covers and sell them without the seats? What's the best practice for handling extra parts of this size?

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20191209_122907.jpg   IMG_20191204_113721.jpg  

PNW Represent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-09-2019, 07:21 PM
cpadget

1983 CJ7 

I would certainly be interested in the black seats/covers on the bottom. PM me if you would like to talk
post #3 of 6 Old 12-09-2019, 07:42 PM
clarkg
1980 CJ7 

Garage
I had thought about getting the Lseat covers for mine. Seemed like the reviews I saw were good. Curious why you have regrets. Do they not fit? Quality issues?

post #4 of 6 Old 12-10-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
uw91

1984 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkg View Post
I had thought about getting the Lseat covers for mine. Seemed like the reviews I saw were good. Curious why you have regrets. Do they not fit? Quality issues?

The fronts weren't bad, the leather is really nice but they miss on the cushion and shoulder placement. If you have an upholstery shop they can likely put in the padding to fix, but if you want a perfect fit you won't get it out of the box with them. I think the vinyl's ability to shrink/heat has better qualities than leather.

The back seat is quite loose. Lots of space around the seat. The covers are a close match, but again, need love/cushion to fill the seat out completely. Kind of annoying. They replied to me and said that I have the wrong cover, to which I replied (thanks to y'all on here) that the cover is correct for that seat and you can use 3 different covers for the same seat frame/cushion. (crickets from them)

PNW Represent
post #5 of 6 Old 12-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Laredo 86
1986 CJ7 

Price on the Laredo covers, and I assume they are takeoff OEM ? Could you forward some closer pics of the damage, it looks to be only on the bottom covers correct?
post #6 of 6 Old 12-12-2019, 10:24 PM
Timaaaay83
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uw91 View Post
Hi all,

I've swapped out my seat covers for some leather ones from lseat.com (kinda regret it, but have to live with it now) and I'm wondering what the best route to get rid of these things will be.

I'm in WA state and these things are dang expensive to ship and no idea what a good asking price is. Should I just post them on the classifieds here and the local CL and hope and pray? I know the Classifieds here are for all Jeeps and not sure if that is the best route.

I have a pair of Laredo Italian Purse front seat covers with one bottom damaged and the second slightly coming apart.
Pair of black denim fronts, on seat, with one bottom damaged.

1 fold n tumble black denim seat cover in awesome condition.

Should I strip the other covers and sell them without the seats? What's the best practice for handling extra parts of this size?
SoCal Jeep here. Very timely inquiry. Just went out to my Man Cave thinking what I should do with my original 83 blue seat skins after I had it reupholstered. Not trying to hijack the thread but would like advice as the OP requested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in