seat belt extenders - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-28-2020, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
oldschool74cj5

seat belt extenders

hello

im waiting on some new corbeau seats to come in. the seat belt extended brackets i ordered came in. right now the seat belt latch is between the stock yj seat and the metal center console that i have in it. ive been told that the new seat does sit a little higher so my thinking was the belt latch would really be tight to get to between the seat and console. the only ones they had were the small angle bracket for the floor that i already have or a 6 inch extended ones. my question is does anyone else have the 6" seat belt brackets? if so how do you like or do seem a little to high. my thoughts if to high i might just drill a new hole at the 3 or 4 " and cut off the excess.

oldschool

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-28-2020, 03:27 PM
1985 CJ7 

Which ones do you have? The ones I purchased would have been perfect but they were not even close to a design that fit well. So I never installed them. The angles seemed to be off. If you have some that have the right angles at bottom, they would definitely help. I am still reaching down in-between to get the attachment part of the belt. It is a PITA on the passenger side because that seat flips forward. It always catches the shorter floor belt when you bring it back to position.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2020, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
oldschool74cj5

hello

here is a link for the passenger side one.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/24247_902.htm

i get that it will be bent backwards a little to keep the seat belt angle so that if the belt is actually needed say hitting something. that the belt is getting pulled at a angle instead of vertical. the passenger side is exactly why i wanted to get them. its a pain sometimes having to put the passenger seat back down and the seat belt goes under. im hoping i can now use the fabric piece on the console to hold the seat belt more in place.

if the new seats sit to high then i saw somewhere on the interweb where someone cut the floor bracket shorter and still kept the passenger side to tumble forward. im just going to have to find a set of the driver flat bar fixed brackets to blueprint a shorter set from.

oldschool

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2020, 03:53 PM
1985 CJ7 

I’m about to add some black leather strips to the sides of my console to keep mine from tucking in under the seat when flipping it back down. Right now I use zip ties but might as well make them look good. 👍🏻
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2020, 03:57 PM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

We needed seatbelt extenders for a lot of the first responders not only big men but the added gear, devices/tools on their belts and the connector being lower than the center console - the extenders were available from jeep they did not charge.

That would suggest there is a part # in the jeep catalog.

Also I ahve seen that extenders are available on AMAZON, picking the exact color to match might be limited.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in