Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Replacement scissor jack for 84 CJ7?

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BagusJeep 
#1 ·
Not sure what the POs did with the original scissor jack but I'm hoping to find a matching replacement to the factory.

Do I need a specific one to fit in the bracket for the 84 or will the ole (fits CJ7/Wranglers from 80-07) type of deal work? Really curious about those dang things and need to track one down.

Thank you!

#5 ·
Wanted to let everyone know that I tracked down a new jack off of Amazon for $30 and it looks to do the trick. I didn't put the jack to it and don't expect to, but all things considered, it fits well in the factory jack holder and has a little nicer mechanism for getting the vehicle in the arm. I did put a little bit of 3M padded adhesive at the center just to make sure it holds, but it looks like it would anyways.

LINK

Attachments

#7 ·
Ya, there is no way in hell I'd put this jack up against a hi-lift, but as something to replace your existing jack that may be a bit crusty and (like me) you were hunting for something to fill that spot... this fits the bill.

#8 ·
My factory scissor jack has come in handy several times when there wasn't room for a bottle or floor jack.

Just a few days ago, we had repairmen out to service our double ovens in the kitchen. Upon completing the repairs and sliding the unit back into the cabinet, we realized it wasn't sitting level. There was only about 5" of space under the ovens to work with. He and his partner tried to man-handle the 300 pound ovens to get a shim under the low side with no success. Finally, after watching these two yahoos scratch their heads for 10 minutes, I brought in my scissor jack and a block of wood. I jacked the ovens up, put a few wooden shims under them, and the job was complete. Afterwards, one of the repairmen said to the other "we need to get one of those on the truck". :smile2:

uw91, where's the handle for your jack?

Matt

#9 ·
uw91, where's the handle for your jack?
Matt
Great question, Matt. The jack came with a nice ratcheting wrench that was a little oddly shaped to fit into the holder so I tossed it in the center console along with the lift pin/point that is included with the jack.

The only problem with it; if you didn't order it you probably wouldn't know what it was from all the chinese on the box. Sadly, not made in the USA.

Attachments

#13 ·
Like you, after my factory original scissor Jack crapped out when I need it most, I picked up a similar bottle jack and it fit fine. Now looking to make mine back to OEM for authenticity. Will probably keep a bottle jack handy in case I REALLY need it.

#14 ·
i bought an electric scissor jack and impact wrench from the chicomm for $60. It makes changing a wheel pretty effortless, unhappily I do not have any mounting bracket on any of my Jeeps. Ah well. it will probably break soon anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.