JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep CJ Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Part question? See image (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/part-question-see-image-4371363/)

258 09-16-2019 07:57 PM

Part question? See image

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone have a picture of the center part in the image mounted on their CJ7? I'd like to see one installed?

Hoover7 09-16-2019 08:13 PM

Heck, I'd just like to know what that part is. :) I'm fairly confident I've never seen that before. Given the other (what I think are) fuel related items, I'm guessing the 'center' part is also fuel related?

Hoov

258 09-16-2019 08:31 PM

Agree! I have never seen it before myself but some guy has it and he says it goes on the floorboard at base of steering column. It was off his 1984 CJ7. The other parts are fuel related. I am STUMPED!

BagusJeep 09-16-2019 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All except that middle one are fuel parts from the gas tank area. Looks like a "Protector" at the fuel cap and the filler hoses.

The middle part is not in the parts manual for 1984. Looking at it, it looks like a carpet item. The hole is for the headlight dimmer? It could be upside down

RiverandSand 09-16-2019 10:35 PM

The hoses look to be fuel inlet to tank, the rectangular piece is the fuel cover for the inlet. The other piece looks tobe a cover under the dash to firewall, not sure it jeep though.

keith460 09-17-2019 07:06 AM

No CJ ever had that middle part that I know of. Even the fully outfitted and sound proof Limited model CJ's. To me, it's just a random piece of molded plastic that the seller has no idea what or where it came from.

John Strenk 09-17-2019 08:46 AM

I searched through the YJ parts book and I can't find anything like that also.

pedal2themetai 09-17-2019 09:00 AM

HI, OK from the looks of it.. and if it does go on the floor board around steering wheel .. it looks like it is for a RT hand drive.. the hump on the left of it looks like it goes over the transmission tunnel and the cut out on the right for the dimmer switch?? or the hole of the left is for the dimmer switch?
Just my .02
good luck
tim

John Strenk 09-17-2019 10:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Does it makes more sense this way?

Attachment 3858853

The slot on the left goes by a ebrake cable.
The hole on the right is for a throttle cable. the dip on the right is for connecting to a heater outlet.

Of course the other way

Attachment 3858855

It looks as if the part on the left goes over a wheel well intrusion into the cab.

Maybe RHD as someone suggested?

It's probably not even a jeep part as suggested....

only in a jeep cj 09-17-2019 11:28 AM

Flip that part over and see it there is a manufacturing stamp in it. Or even a date stamping.

I bet it’s from another make. Not jeep.

Axhammer 09-17-2019 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That part is for a first generation F-body. It is a plastic kick plate that holds the carpet in place. There are two screws that hold it, and the carpet in place, and in mine I currently am using the screw on the left to zip tie the clutch pedal against the firewall. I recognized it the second I saw it. Iíve had my car stripped down to the frame once in 1988, and gutted the interior a second time, when I re-did the car in 1999. I know every nut & bolt on that car. Itís seen drag strip duty for the last 15 years, so I see the kick plate every pass I make, because before I strap in, I re-adjust the floor mat assuring nothing is under the brake pedal, and more importantly nothing is under the gas pedal. My car is currently in my 24Ē enclosed trailer, so my picture doesnít have much light, so itís kinda dark.

John Strenk 09-17-2019 05:03 PM

So it's probably worth $2000.00 at least on eBay then?

I was hoping it to be at least for a Ford CJ....

I'm guessing it probably came along when someone took the column out of a junker to put in his Jeep.

Axhammer 09-17-2019 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this car in 1987, when I was driving a new 1986 CJ-7, it’s been with me through thick and thin, one of my favorite possessions. This is what the car looks like on the outside. This picture is about eight or nine years old. I won the Ironman Trophy that day, at Northeast dragway in Hertford NC, and Nick was with me. Nick was nine or ten back then.

Axhammer 09-17-2019 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nick and I driving my 1985 CJ-7 back from El Paso earlier this year.

258 09-17-2019 05:22 PM

Interesting . . . the guy claims it for sure came off his 1984 CJ7 and he still has all these additional parts for it; like complete dash, harnesses, all gauges and more. He stated the same thing, that it was up against the firewall just below the steering column. I personally have never seen one. He sold the Jeep but has all this extra stuff in a storage unit. I'm just going to buy this stuff and see what I can do with it. Asking pennies on the dollar.

My 1980 CJ7 never had carpet so I never was aware of how a carpet fit. This 1985 CJ7 does have carpet and the carpet under the steering column appears as if it had something that held it up at one time, not sure. It just looks unfinished under there. If anything, I will use it as a template and have something fabricated, lol.

Axhammer, that's good to know and great picture! Thanks!

The time now is 03:03 AM.