Nuts and bolts - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 05-12-2020, 07:06 PM
STJP
1985 CJ7 

Totally Stainless has the bolt kits you need. Look on page 8 for accessory kits and on page 70 accessory kits for the cross member. However, I think they are closed due to Covid19 measures in PA for now.

JS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 05-12-2020, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

Where are you looking STJP? I searched, all i can find for Cj7 that matches is the crossmember kit for $25 plus shipping? No measurements available to find locally.

I thank you and believe me my Jeep definatly thanks you cus otherwise I'd be turning a wrench with out a clue. :)
post #18 of 19 Old 05-22-2020, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

Ok... so I am about halfway figured out. Dosent seem anyone has the info and ive been searching... here is what ive found, I hope my efforts help the next person doing this. PLEASE correct me if any are wrong!

Bellhousing to Block-
(1) 3/8-161.375"
(2) 3/8-162.375"
(2) 3/8-162" with Nylock Nuts
(2) 7/16-142.75"

T5 to Bellhousing-
(4) 7/16-141.5"

D300 to T5-
(3) 3/8-161.625"
(2) 3/8-16 Nylock Nuts

Crossmember-
(6) 3/8-161"

Now... My next struggle and need for input... can anyone please help me with figuring out what needs to be Shouldered bolts, Flanged Bolts, and/ or Full length threaded??? Any and all input would be amazing!

I thank you and believe me my Jeep definatly thanks you cus otherwise I'd be turning a wrench with out a clue. :)

post #19 of 19 Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
MrPeter63
1983 CJ7 

You don't need grade 8, grade 5 is more then enough. Only way your ever gonna break a bolt is if something comes loose, if that happens the bolts will usually just back out and end up on the street, not to mention your gonna know it.... Anyways, No shoulder bolts, You can use serrated flanged bolts for most of it if you want, saves washers n lock washers, but not a necessity. Shouldn't need anything full thread if i remember correctly. I can of anti-seize but that's just me.. I'm an anti-seize freak, hate wrestling stuck bolts...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in