• 2 Post By ASE_Pete
  • 1 Post By John Strenk
  • 1 Post By Matt1981CJ7
  • 1 Post By TIPPEDITOVER

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-09-2020, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
ASE_Pete

Post New Project ugh smells like a nightmare to me

Well this should be interesting. Friend of mine says come over quick. I come by and low and behold what do I see in his garage with it's oil pan in a milk crate is a
383 TPI Lingenfelter corvette motor and about 20 feet away is a 700R4 with a gigantic band servo casing he picked up for dirt cheap. After looking a little closer at the throttle body I realized it was another one of our friends engines that was in his modified 66 Chevelle. I might add that this motor tore that Chevelle up.
So, I'm like, well what the hell are you going to do with this thing as I'm staring at it. He didn't say anything. I looked up and he's smiling. OH no you don't I said. You are not getting me into this one. He says, hey with the new suspension I put on it, it will handle it. OMG I said. I need a drink, and I hope you got lots of money to piss away. We went inside the house I had a drink and some spaghetti. Intentionally stayed out of the garage

So here we go, an all alluminum LS1 Punched to 383 with a wicked 292 dur cam on 112 deg probably at 11.5:1 and pumping out enough to blow this 700R4 out of an old 4X4 into chicklets in a week or less, unless, well, lets just say this is only the beginning of a nightmare. My buddy you see, he just cant leave something alone. He always has to eff with it. This poor CJ7 chassis. Well I suppose some subframe connectors will help. Probably going to need a currie ford 9 inch as well. I mean I remember that chevelle was turning mid 11's before the new cam. I'm just hoping this transplant will not be a regretful one.
I've done these before, and they usually will really tear up a chassis, well the whole vehicle actually. You know, it's like as soon as I finally get my hands nice and peachy smooth and clean. What's a friend for, right?

Hey if anyone has any suggestions, please lay em down cuz ugh. I want to keep my hands as clean as possible. I'm trying to tell him to just leave the jeep alone. You know friends, they never listen to you.

John Strenk and PottsyCJ5 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-09-2020, 04:27 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Good story.

So.....
Is it done yet?
PottsyCJ5 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I drive a Prius to save money and buy more Jeep Parts....
post #3 of 6 Old 03-09-2020, 07:22 AM
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

And another FrankenJeep is born.....

Matt
Jim1611 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-09-2020, 07:30 AM
TIPPEDITOVER
Brakes are for quitters

1978 CJ5 

So your friend wants to make his CJ-7 useless then? Got it.
Jim1611 likes this.

Ongoing CJ-5 to CJ-6 Build:
post #5 of 6 Old 03-09-2020, 07:38 AM
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Tell your friend to go buy a salvage 3/4 ton pickup, install the engine, install as big of rice tires as will fit then go bury it in a mud hole, pull it out and keep going until something breaks or it catches on fire. Oh and sell the CJ to someone wanting to do a frame off restoration, if there's much left of it.

(Crabtree Shackle Hangers)

My build thread

post #6 of 6 Old 03-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Mister4x4

1980 CJ7 

Garage
Wow! That's gonna be cool! Can't wait to hear and see more!

I hope you meant 'ladder bars' or something along those lines, since CJ-7s have full rail frames, and wouldn't need unibody sub-frame connectors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in