• 1 Post By StoneTower

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-07-2021, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Rjkidd

1984 CJ7 

Garage
LS power steering line

Hello everyone,
I’ve installed a 5.3l LS motor in my 84 CJ7 and I also installed an AGR super box 2. The standard lines fit the box but doesn’t route too well to the pump. Anybody have any ideas what will work or am I going to have to have one custom made? I can make the return line work, I just need the high pressure line. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-08-2021, 10:53 AM
BrutusBlue
1982 CJ7 

I would try to find a place that builds hydraulic hoses near you that you can walk in to and tell them exactly what you want.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-08-2021, 11:08 AM
StoneTower
1985 CJ7 

I suggest Russell Power flex hose. You purchase it from someplace like Summit and you cut it to length and use the proper fittings. I used 2 big adjustable wrenches and a vice with protective jaws (you can use wood block). You can make it exactly how you need it.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...owerflex.shtml

The power steering line part of the video starts at 2:30

You can tape the hose where you want to cut it and use a grinder or dremal to cut the outside stainless steel brade.

Be sure to use the matching Russell steel (I think they are plated steel) fittings for the high pressure application that is encountered with hydraulic lines. Do not use their aluminum fittings or you will have many problems.

I have had these lines on my Jeep with a Mustang 5.0 EFI engine swap and what a custom bracket, a Saginaw power steering pump and a H1 steering box for about 5 years now and they work great. I really like being able to make exactly what I need rather than trying to explain to someone else what I need and hoping the final product is what I want.
KevinCJ7Jeep likes this.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-09-2021, 10:28 AM
BrutusBlue
1982 CJ7 

I was going to suggest making his own too, heck I almost offered to make one for him and send it up but something struck me wrong about doing a swap like that and not coming to that conclusion first. Hmm.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-10-2021, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Rjkidd

1984 CJ7 

Garage
I took your advice and went with the Russell fuel line. Looks like it will work just fine. Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
B940B3AB-87FA-4513-8CD2-DDEABEB33722.jpg  
post #6 of 6 Old 10-10-2021, 04:35 PM
StoneTower
1985 CJ7 

Make sure you get the Russell Power flex hose and the matching steel fittings. You do not want Russell fuel line or you will have major problems.

When I installed mine, I ordered 2 new hoses made by Gates for a CJ7 from Rockauto. I wanted good quality steel ends and I thought the Gates brand would be good. I cut the steel ends off the hoses and used a small drill press vice to straighten out the last 2 bends in the steel lines so that the straight part of the tubing was longer and would stick out from under the radiator. I then silver soldered an AN6 fitting on the end of the tubing . The steel tube now sticks out from under the radiator and I use 90 degree Russell fittings to get the line running parallel to the the radiator and then it loops back over to my pump and reservoir. You actually only need the Powerflex hose for the pressure side but I used it for both sides to make it look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjkidd View Post
I took your advice and went with the Russell fuel line. Looks like it will work just fine. Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
20180429_143104.jpg   20180629_201702.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in