Lares 1230 installation problems - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-21-2020, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
wilderside42

Lares 1230 installation problems

Hello, looking for some help please. I purchased a Lares 1230 to put into my CJ7 and also purchased some new lines for it. They are Oíring lines and the return line seems to fit well but the high pressure line seems to bottom out metal to metal and feels really loose. Looking down in the ports, the high pressure side doesnít look right, like it wasnít drilled out correctly. My old steering gear seems to have some sort of check valve down in the bottom that the new one doesnít have. Hereís the 2 ports:

Hereís my old gears ports:

Here is the end of the line:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-22-2020, 05:07 PM
MrPeter63
1983 CJ7 

Did you try using your old line and see if it bottoms out? that would rule out the line. I did mine last weekend with a Laras H1. I went and looked at my old box and yes it has that check valve or whatever in it...
post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2020, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
wilderside42

Thatís exactly what I did, wound up using the old line. I should have known better than to buy an OMIX line. Thanks for the reply. I was going to do the H1 box but couldnít get one and ran across the 1230 while I was looking. Did yours turn out good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 Old 05-25-2020, 09:13 PM
StoneTower
1985 CJ7 

When I put in my H1 box I was going to make custom braded lines but I wanted the metal tubing that goes to the steering box so I could silver solder an -6 AN fitting on the end to connect my custom lines to. I did not want to do all that custom work only to use my old lines that had the nuts half rounded off by a previous owner. I purchased two Gates lines for a 1985 CJ-7 from Rockauto. I figured that Gates is a good brand and it turned out that they were very good quality. If you need new lines, you might try Rockauto and pick a good brand. They were very inexpensive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in