Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

From Key Switch to Push button

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike Romain 
#1 ·
84 CJ/7. My Key Switch is dead. Don,t need it any more cause this is a Woods Huntin Jeep now. Here,s a Diagram of the Wires connected to same. (Thanks John!) Wanting to put in a push button start and Toggle switch the others. Any suggestions on how to do this simple , BUT good.
Moneys no object. I can buy switches and a push button all day.:rofl:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Main feed routed through an accessory switch to the main power switch. Starter solenoid button powered from the main power switch. This forces you to turn on both the accessory switch and main power switch before the engine can turn over.
Attach your main power feed to the input side of the accessory switch.
Attach all your accessory leads to the output side of the accessory switch.
Attach a short main feed jumper to the output side of the accessory side of the switch.
Attach the main feed jumper to the input side of the main power switch.
Attach all your main engine leads to the output side of the main power switch.
Attach the starter button to the output side of the main power switch.
Attach the solenoid wire to the button.
Insure you buy quality switches, as the accessory switch will be in effect, running the whole show.

#3 ·
I could use two switches.

A pushbutton switch giving power to the blue wire.

A 30 Amp + toggle switch with the large red 'power in' line to one side and the yellow, red with white stripe and other smaller red output wires to the other side.

The pushbutton switch could also get it's power from the post on the first side of the toggle where the main power in hooks up so you don't have too many wires around.

The black wire is the test ground for the dash warning lights and isn't really needed except for a safety inspection, the lights will still function if the brakes fail, etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.