Just Jeeps show...cj only?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 04-02-2015, 08:25 PM
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7Kid View Post
i'd say that in Mich. and surrounding states, like here, the CJ extinction is well under way. You'd be pretty lonely at a show for CJs only. just sayin...
I hosted a small scale local meet & greet 2 summers back, and we had 51 Jeeps show up, 27 of which were CJ variety. It was a fun time. I'll be sure to pm & invite you next time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 04-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Renegade82

1982 CJ7 

Garage
Yeah I agree and that's the reason we need to keep these vehicles alive. I think it depends on the area. It seems like Co. still has a healthy population of Jeeps left. And they're more common in the southern states where they haven't succumbed to rust nearly as bad. Ga. and Fla. still have a good many, as does SoCal.

The end of a defining era.... JEEP R.I.P. 1941-1986
My frame off Re-Build: (the 4 year saga....)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 23 Old 04-09-2015, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
cootbruce
1947 CJ2A 

I think we will welcome any model wearing the Jeep name...old or new......

post #19 of 23 Old 04-09-2015, 10:27 PM
commadore64

1980 CJ5 

How about include all Jeeps but have a special place for CJs... kinda show case them in an area separate from the rest. Just a thought.

1980 CJ-5
My build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I thought I was wrong once... but I was mistaken.
post #20 of 23 Old 04-10-2015, 12:11 AM
hutch1200
Recovering Bronco Rider

1979 CJ7 

"Slick CJ's on the Slopes" 1st annual ALL Jeep show & ride. This year featuring 1986 & older models.
Have the local Jeep dealer open shop in the farthest part of the parking lot w/ALL his inventory & salesmen. Somebody w/an old CJ may buy his wife a new Cherokee. Wait, that was me. Have it so that people have to go thru/past this area and the dealer would be a fool not to cover your nut. Have them offer $20 (whatever price he wants actually) oil changes, jeeps only! And he can have 1 Wrangler & salesman demo'ng features up top.
Get the local detailing shops to set up too. Raffle off a clean-up afterwards as a door prize. Say it's for the "Red Cross" & pocket the $$$. They'll need detailing because you ARE gonna have at least 1 Mud Pit, yes? Maybe 1 for mall krawlers (Just a greasy area really?) & one for cats w/Boggers.
Have the local 4wd specialty shops have a booth next to the dealer. People can buy a Jeep & get the lift scheduled too! And they can get stuff they just broke fixed also.
Get food trucks and local Pizza/Hoagie/Confectioniers to pay for a spot also.
Basically these guys guarantee your nut, gate $$$$ are the gravy.
Have the Boy Scouts & local Fire Dept directing traffic. Let the local 4WD club set-up/police the course to the top. Two separate trails, w/varying difficulty degrees. Something a stock CJ could do w/much skill, but nothing you'd need a Rock Buggy to make it.
It IS a mountain, but keep the steep parts SAFE! Make sure that the chance of a roll-over is as slim as possible.
Shake down the Weed/Meth dealers that show up.
PM me if you need help before & during. I can count money fast & you can trust me w/cash!

I've also learned that sometimes... when people don't agree with you .... its best to hold them down and kidney punch them till they agree with you

Last edited by hutch1200; 04-10-2015 at 12:31 AM.
post #21 of 23 Old 04-10-2015, 10:37 AM
hutch1200
Recovering Bronco Rider

1979 CJ7 

If it turns out family friendly, maybe make it Festival. Overnight camping & a band.
And Porto-Lavs!

I've also learned that sometimes... when people don't agree with you .... its best to hold them down and kidney punch them till they agree with you
post #22 of 23 Old 04-10-2015, 11:28 AM
CrankyD

1983 CJ7 

I can see it now!

Just kidding, I would be more inclined to visit a less expensive, medium sized show of say 300 or so entrants that was CJ and military specific. That being said I will be going to make the 600 mile trek to Butler for the all model Bantam Heritage Festival. We went last year and had a blast for relatively cheap. I would be interested in going to a Jeep Jamboree event, but the up front costs are a bit steep in comparison. I understand that I might get a lot more included at the Jamboree though.
Attached Images

post #23 of 23 Old 04-14-2015, 01:21 AM
hutch1200
Recovering Bronco Rider

1979 CJ7 

"I can see it now!" ==CrankyD
Dr, Hook & the Medicine show?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in