Joe's CJ-7 restomod build - 1984 - 350ci - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 67 Old 09-11-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
CJ7 Joe
1984 CJ7 

Finally got around to installing some more parts. Bead blasted the brake booster and brackets. Also the under Dash steering column support brackets and brake pedal hanger brackets. Greased up all the pins and assembled it back together with stainless steel hardware and anti seize. I have not connected the push rod to the pedal yet because I’m waiting on a new dust boot. Also I plan to weld the wider automatic pedal pad onto this pedal because I want it to be the wider automatic pedal to match the automatic transmission. Finally a little more progress! I think next is the steering column restoration and install.

Attached Thumbnails
00E90EC1-1212-4475-A2B9-8C4C4321B8C1_1568249088060.jpg   D60F059F-2753-4820-9F62-E08A7C171BB1_1568249101283.jpg   2F14FCBD-ACB7-4E5D-BCF3-5211B4DCC244_1568249112737.jpg   676F96B5-2E89-4C09-A828-55288E8CB570_1568249125244.jpg   938DD32F-C0E3-401B-9A3A-E0A82D90234A_1568249136427.jpg  

CJ7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 09-11-2019, 09:48 PM
brianscoob
Big Sauce AMC 401

1976 CJ7 

Garage
Joe you are knock the s*&^ out of this build! I'm jealous because you have the space needed to do the Jeep correct and the PO didn't leave with too bad of a Sh*& storm. I'm in the process of swapping my T-18 3-speed with a 700r4, Dana 300. I'm doing mine from an AMC401 with a couple Novak adapters and leave everything setup to replace the 401 with a 350 sometime years from now. I've got 4.56 gears and with the .7 OD on the 700r4 and 33" wheels I'll be doing around 65mph at 2100 RPM. You'll be doing even better that with 4.10 and taller tires, it will be a screaming efficient pavement pounder with awesome off road capabilities. Keep up the good work. I like the fact that if you see something you don't like you fix it instead of worrying about it later. I can't recall if you said what color you were thinking about going with? When I'm finally happy with my black beast, who knows when, I'm going for a paint job. Not sure what color yet but I've thought that white and black looked good. I hope you're hiding the Visa bill from your wife!
post #63 of 67 Old 09-12-2019, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
CJ7 Joe
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianscoob View Post
Joe you are knock the s*&^ out of this build! I'm jealous because you have the space needed to do the Jeep correct and the PO didn't leave with too bad of a Sh*& storm. I'm in the process of swapping my T-18 3-speed with a 700r4, Dana 300. I'm doing mine from an AMC401 with a couple Novak adapters and leave everything setup to replace the 401 with a 350 sometime years from now. I've got 4.56 gears and with the .7 OD on the 700r4 and 33" wheels I'll be doing around 65mph at 2100 RPM. You'll be doing even better that with 4.10 and taller tires, it will be a screaming efficient pavement pounder with awesome off road capabilities. Keep up the good work. I like the fact that if you see something you don't like you fix it instead of worrying about it later. I can't recall if you said what color you were thinking about going with? When I'm finally happy with my black beast, who knows when, I'm going for a paint job. Not sure what color yet but I've thought that white and black looked good. I hope you're hiding the Visa bill from your wife!
Thanks Brian! I cant take all the credit because yes, I have to agree the PO did a great job with the portions he did until he sold it. I'm trying to keep it to that level. The funny thing is I get asked by family/friends "when are you going to get the jeep finished?". Well I have no idea LOL, nor do I care. I didn't even buy it to "get it done". I bought it so when I can get free time, I can go out in the garage and have something to wrench on! I've never owned a Jeep before! My track record of finishing a project sucks LOL. But I'm hopeful this one will make it some day! It is hard to not take the "ill do that later" approach, but I'm trying! The brake pedal is a good example. I need to take it back out for welding . But I'd rather do it now than later. I'm learning the patience part.

As for color, I was actually going to go with white. But - have lately been leaning to towards a dark red. Like a candy apple, but not metallic. But I think another reason I am building first, then disassemble later to paint is for mock-up, drilling holes etc, and working out all the bugs and wrenching more without worrying about new paint. I would expect to drive it maybe a full year or so before I disassemble for paint. So.....I've got a while to decide LOL - but I'm leaning towards a dark-ish red.

CJ7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #64 of 67 Old 09-12-2019, 07:28 AM
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 Joe View Post
Thanks Brian! I cant take all the credit because yes, I have to agree the PO did a great job with the portions he did until he sold it. I'm trying to keep it to that level. The funny thing is I get asked by family/friends "when are you going to get the jeep finished?". Well I have no idea LOL, nor do I care. I didn't even buy it to "get it done". I bought it so when I can get free time, I can go out in the garage and have something to wrench on! I've never owned a Jeep before! My track record of finishing a project sucks LOL. But I'm hopeful this one will make it some day! It is hard to not take the "ill do that later" approach, but I'm trying! The brake pedal is a good example. I need to take it back out for welding . But I'd rather do it now than later. I'm learning the patience part.
That is a pretty great approach to a project. My shop projects are my therapy as well. I sit in front of a computer at work so i just can't sleep at night if I didn't build something first.

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241, Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

Look for the YJ of The Month thread in the YJ Technical Forum. Vote for your favorite Jeeps.

YJOTM August 19
post #65 of 67 Old 09-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Deer-Slayer_5

1985 CJ7 

Garage
Joe! The Project is looking like its going very well! I didn't realize it until now but I bought a roll bar off of you last summer from that silver tub you had. I'm glad you have made some good progress on your build.

CJ-7 build
post #66 of 67 Old 09-12-2019, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
CJ7 Joe
1984 CJ7 

Thanks guys! Yea, I do desk work too, so I like to get in the garage when I can. Family obligations and work limit that tho! D-S-5, I do remember you! Yea I had a big mismatch of parts for a while there while I sorted things out and finally got rid of the big stuff! We can finally park in the garage again so the wife is happy LOL! I do still have those UGLY bumpers. I'm getting to the point where I'll pay somebody to buy them LOL. I hope your Jeep is coming along well too!
post #67 of 67 Old 09-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Deer-Slayer_5

1985 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 Joe View Post
Thanks guys! Yea, I do desk work too, so I like to get in the garage when I can. D-S-5, I do remember you! We can finally park in the garage again so the wife is happy LOL! I do still have those UGLY bumpers. I hope your Jeep is coming along well too!
Mines coming along... slowly but like you, I'm not in a hurry. I literally have everything but a tub. My dad picked up a 1968 M715 so I have been helping him a lot while I wait for the money to get a tub from Rudy. I just graduated and have an engineering job so real life has the jeep build slowing down but good things will come in the future! I seen those bumpers for sale but sadly, I don't need them. I'm sure you can find a buyer! Now that I know you're on here, I'm gonna watch your build!

CJ-7 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in