How much Por 15 for frame - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
seagrave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How much Por 15 for frame

Am getting ready to prep my frame. Was wondering for those that used Por 15 how much did you use for the frame?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-26-2009, 12:52 PM
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

did mine a few years ago

bought a gallon and only used like maybe 1/4 or LESS. more towards less

take care of the can and the paint will last forever. i've stored the rest in another can and paint is still like brand new.

i've coated three frames now and still have about half a gallon left.

best product i've ever bought, worth the money
post #3 of 4 Old 08-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Coiz

1979 CJ7 

Garage
A pint should be enough to cover just the frame with at least two coats. I used a quart and got three coats on the frame, axles, springs and other miscellaneous parts.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1979 CJ7, FI 5.0L Ford, NP435, D300, Full floated D44 Detroit, D30 Detroit EZ Locker.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 AM
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Being rather particular...I use two colors. First coat is not so difficult to achieve the 6 mil thick cover that is recommended but the second is. Say if I use silver, grey or white 1st and then finish with black. It will allow you to better see that proper coating is applied. A pint of each will be sufficient, and have some left over for another task. Then remember to top coat with Chassis Coat Black.

I store these products with a layer of plastic shopping bag between lid and can...in the fridge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in