Help me with my questions new here

Cj5 with a 350 turbo 3 speed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 04-09-2019, 08:11 PM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

What is your question?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 55 Old 04-09-2019, 08:43 PM
trailhead2004
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ7 

Keyboard break?

"Johnny Cash, The Jeep in Black" Build Thread - Started 7 July, 2018

"Bad things happen to you because you're a dumba$$"
Red Foreman

post #4 of 55 Old 04-10-2019, 04:33 AM
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkscott95 View Post

CJ-5 with a supercharged and Nitrous Oxcide injected 401 and T-18 4 speed.

I win!

1984 CJ-7 Renegade
post #5 of 55 Old 04-10-2019, 08:14 AM
CrustySprings
1985 CJ7 

Ok Trailhead, you owe me a new monitor. I just spewed hot coffee out of my nose.

258 cu. inch six, Team Rush ignition upgrade, T5, Dana 300, Superwinch lockouts, Black Diamond 3" suspension lift, greasable shackles, poly bushings, JKS quick discos, 32x11.50x15 Cooper STT's, American Racing 23 15x8 alloys, Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio, 2' adjustable tip Firestick antenna, Viair 460 onboard air system
post #6 of 55 Old 04-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Neek555
1983 CJ7 

My crystal ball isn't functioning right now...can you further elucidate what questions you might have.
post #7 of 55 Old 04-10-2019, 08:39 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I'm guessing...

TH-350 a.k.a. Turbo 350

Will it fit?

The 350 transmission is 21-3/4" long

Answer: Depends... http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge...utomatic/th350
uptillnow likes this.

post #8 of 55 Old 04-10-2019, 08:39 AM
trailhead2004
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustySprings View Post
Ok Trailhead, you owe me a new monitor. I just spewed hot coffee out of my nose.
Check's in the mail!
CrustySprings likes this.

"Johnny Cash, The Jeep in Black" Build Thread - Started 7 July, 2018

"Bad things happen to you because you're a dumba$$"
Red Foreman
post #9 of 55 Old 04-11-2019, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Rkscott95

Garage
Sorry. I gotta work and stuff and since notification are sent to email I dont just sit around think hey did that forum guy hit me back yet. And for that dude talking smack about me making two posts my bad dude ya didn't make it easy finding places to post so my bad. Questions 1 windshield wipers move fast sometimes and sometimes they dont. 2 why is the clutch like 150 pounds to push in. 3. Do the brakes in these things just suck or is there something probably wrong? I never drove a jeep before this one.
post #10 of 55 Old 04-11-2019, 10:20 AM
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

1. Probably a bad wiper switch.

2. Could be the type of clutch diaphragm that is installed. The original factory style diaphragms are generally stiffer than the new replacements. Certain aftermarket "high performance" clutches are also very stiff.

3. Sticking brakes suggest something is wrong.

Matt

post #11 of 55 Old 04-11-2019, 11:23 AM
pedal2themetai
1956 CJ5 

HI, follow matts suggestions.
as for the clutch being hard to push. you might be used to a hydraulic clutch where and Jeeps is maniacal and has a spring holding it you might need to get a lighter spring holding the pedal.
good luck tim
post #12 of 55 Old 04-11-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Rkscott95

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedal2themetai View Post
HI, follow matts suggestions.
as for the clutch being hard to push. you might be used to a hydraulic clutch where and Jeeps is maniacal and has a spring holding it you might need to get a lighter spring holding the pedal.
good luck tim

So I'm not really familiar with the breaking system. I topped off the dot 3 it has two sides with a divider one side was full already and the other side wasn't so me being me I topped it off and like I was saying just a little tap on the brakes hard hard pull to the right so I took it out with a sponge and now it just pulls very lightly under hard brake to the left. Could the system just need bled? What is the step for four wheel drive engagement. Lock hubs outside and then the gear leaver because I've been just used to on the go 4x4. Are the diffs locking diffs stock?
post #13 of 55 Old 04-11-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Rkscott95

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
Quote:

CJ-5 with a supercharged and Nitrous Oxcide injected 401 and T-18 4 speed.

I win!

Nice yo. We can book it together. When you coming to give it the colorado test.
post #14 of 55 Old 04-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
So I'm not really familiar with the breaking system. I topped off the dot 3 it has two sides with a divider one side was full already and the other side wasn't so me being me I topped it off and like I was saying just a little tap on the brakes hard hard pull to the right so I took it out with a sponge and now it just pulls very lightly under hard brake to the left. Could the system just need bled? What is the step for four wheel drive engagement. Lock hubs outside and then the gear leaver because I've been just used to on the go 4x4. Are the diffs locking diffs stock?

You sound young and impatient. Perhaps an old CJ isn't the right vehicle for you.

I suggest you fill out your profile, so we know the details of your Jeep. Different model years have different standard equipment and maintenance requirements. Add to that 30-40 years of possible previous owner modifications, and your CJ could be virtually anything.

Without details from you, our answers to your questions are just guesses.

Matt
mikeyboat, STJP, bob4703 and 1 others like this.

post #15 of 55 Old 04-11-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Rkscott95

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Quote:

You sound young and impatient. Perhaps an old CJ isn't the right vehicle for you.

I suggest you fill out your profile, so we know the details of your Jeep. Different model years have different standard equipment and maintenance requirements. Add to that 30-40 years of possible previous owner modifications, and your CJ could be virtually anything.

Without details from you, our answers to your questions are just guesses.

Matt
I cant figure out how to add detail to profile it just asks for birthday. It's a 1972 body with a 1988 gm 350. All I know is its drum brakes all around and two cups for brake fluid at the reservoir that takes a Bolt to close the lid. Is it separate fluid for front and rear left and right. I figured the braking system would be about the same for that era of jeeps. Just because I am young doesnt mean i am impatient as I didn't bombard y'all with 20 questions. It also doesnt mean it isn't right for me. Maybe cell phones and computers aren't right for old people but guess what they still are capable of learning them. I am 25 I'm sorry I wasn't born in this era however that's what I am into. This is the first carbureted vehicle I've had the ability to work on. I thought the purpose of this website was to welcome new jeepers and try and educate them about their vehicles and problems.
uptillnow likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in