• 1 Post By Hurricane4
  • 1 Post By MoC
  • 2 Post By Axhammer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-24-2021, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
RedNeckCorvette
1979 CJ7 

Have a great Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy all of those that are still privileged enough to be among us this holiday season.
RN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-25-2021, 10:14 AM
Techlight
1984 CJ7 

Garage
Same to you all...Enjoy the day! Ours started at 530a...It's a long day smoking a 22lb bird
RedNeckCorvette likes this.

,[_____],
_-o||||||||o-_
()_)ŻŻŻŻ )_) 1984 CJ7 Renegade, 4.2L-TBI, D30, AMC20, 4.5" OME lift
post #3 of 8 Old 11-25-2021, 02:17 PM
bob4703
1974 CJ5 

Happy Thanksgiving to you RN and everyone else. The ladies of my house--Beth the Boss and Judy the Jeep Dog--let me sleep in. Went out for lunch and the kitchen ain't a mess. I get to make vegetable soup for supper.

Today's my birthday and after four heart procedures this year I am thankful to be able to celebrate. When I was younger I took good health for granted. Met with my cardiologist last week and he told me to resume normal activities. I've been in the recuperating mode for too long so now I'm working to get back in shape. My first goal is to walk a 5 K in mid-March. My doctor said if I'd walk in it he'd run it.

-----

Paved roads are prime examples of government over spending!

post #4 of 8 Old 11-25-2021, 02:19 PM
Hurricane4
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Garage
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

"The unbelievable we can do immediately . . . the impossible just takes a little longer."
My College Accounting Professor

"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"
Winston Churchill

Jeeps I Have Owned in Year Order:
'61 CJ5, '63 CJ6, '78 CJ5, '79 CJ5 (Current), '79 CJ7 & '86 CJ7.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-25-2021, 07:56 PM
MoC

1986 CJ7 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Under A Sun Thats See It All Before...
post #6 of 8 Old 11-25-2021, 08:30 PM
Axhammer
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4703 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you RN and everyone else. The ladies of my house--Beth the Boss and Judy the Jeep Dog--let me sleep in. Went out for lunch and the kitchen ain't a mess. I get to make vegetable soup for supper.

Today's my birthday and after four heart procedures this year I am thankful to be able to celebrate. When I was younger I took good health for granted. Met with my cardiologist last week and he told me to resume normal activities. I've been in the recuperating mode for too long so now I'm working to get back in shape. My first goal is to walk a 5 K in mid-March. My doctor said if I'd walk in it he'd run it.
That’s good news Bob, Happy Birthday! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I prepared and baked the Turkey this morning, it’s the second one I have done. It turned out pretty good, my wife appreciated that I took care of the bird duty this year.
RedNeckCorvette and bob4703 like this.

Why do I own a CJ? I like to “Balance the wrench and the steering wheel”
1985 CJ-7 Sebring Red, White hardtop, 284 CID inline six (4.7) TF 999 auto
2020 JLU Black, Black hardtop, EcoDiesel, 35’s on 2” Mopar lift
View my Pontiac in my profile
post #7 of 8 Old 11-26-2021, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
RedNeckCorvette
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4703 View Post

Happy belated birthday Bob4703, I passed 68 years old and never missed a beat, then in 2018 I was parallelized with Guillain Barre syndrome + 90% / Lungs and heart were still somewhat in function, almost didn't make it.
That was a PITA. Hospital four weeks, Nursing home for months. Missed Thanks giving, Christmas and New Year. Took over a year to get on my feet again even with the assistance of two canes. So by the time I could get out the door having lost a year, Covid-19 started and I was warned by the doctor stay home, get this you will not survive. Ok another summer gone by now two years lost and there is still no way I can lift a leg to get into the jeep, let alone push in the clutch or feel the brake.
Although I had other therapy at home in the garage an old 1974 Honda Trail 90 with a bad transmission among other things. So for months after researching obsolete parts on Ebay, I forced myself up and down off the floor wile working on that machine. It is now in 100% running condition and used often to get the mail 2/10 miles away, some how I did also rack up an additional 1,000 miles on the county road.

You should have seen me ride it for the first time. Oh yea, it hurt damn near hit the head light on the pickup then missed the line pole by inches just cleared the gate and on the way back darn near hit the side of the pickup then the corner of the garage wile aiming for the door, True as I sit here!

Did not let that stop me, the bike forced me to bend in ways I other wise never would have including trying to stop going backward down hill, trying to use my legs that still don't work as they should.
3 years in, I can now get in and drive the jeep although feeling the gas peddle, well that is kind of like braille for us that still can see OK.
Every day is a good day just a different sort of challenge Bob.
My next unrelated surgery, they say the average life expectancy is 5.4 years. Going to be riding an 850lb motorcycle and bust as much brush as I can in the jeep, when I get back.
Happy Holidays
RN
post #8 of 8 Old 11-26-2021, 08:36 PM
bob4703
1974 CJ5 

RN

Happy to hear you've recovered enough to enjoy doing what makes you feel like you are alive again. I've got some bucket list items I'm not ready to scratch just yet. Right now, number one is walking the 5K on March 12.

Getting old isn't for sissies but it beats the hell out of the alternative. We've been to too many funerals this year!

Take care.

Bob

-----

Paved roads are prime examples of government over spending!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in