• 2 Post By Jim1611
  • 2 Post By Jim1611
  • 2 Post By Jim1611

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-20-2021, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Matt1981CJ7

1981 CJ7 

Happy Father's Day!!

I hope all you Jeepforum fathers have a great day.

I lost my Father in '94. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about and miss him.

Happy Father's Day, dad.

Matt

Attached Thumbnails
huntcamp.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-20-2021, 08:51 AM
Hurricane4
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Garage
Happy Father's Day! Couple of my favorite photos of my Dad & I:
Attached Images

"The unbelievable we can do immediately . . . the impossible just takes a little longer."
My College Accounting Professor

"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"
Winston Churchill

Jeeps I Have Owned in Year Order:
'61 CJ5, '63 CJ6, '78 CJ5, '79 CJ5 (Current), '79 CJ7 & '86 CJ7.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-21-2021, 02:44 PM
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Thanks for posting the thread Matt. To this day I have no idea who my dad was but Grandpa more than made up for that. He's passed on now but he was and always will be my hero in life. I think about him every day.

Is that your CJ in the background?
mikeyboat and robblue6412 like this.

(Crabtree Shackle Hangers)

My build thread

post #4 of 7 Old 06-21-2021, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Matt1981CJ7

1981 CJ7 

Jim,

Sorry you never knew your Father, but glad your grandpa filled the void.

That is my Father’s ‘72 CJ5 in the pic. He wrecked that one, then bought the ‘81 that I have now.

Matt
post #5 of 7 Old 06-22-2021, 09:15 AM
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Jim,

Sorry you never knew your Father, but glad your grandpa filled the void.

That is my Father’s ‘72 CJ5 in the pic. He wrecked that one, then bought the ‘81 that I have now.

Matt
It used to bother me years ago but at almost 60 years old I understand some more about life.

I remember you mentioning about your dad wrecking the 5 now that you mention it. I was busy after work yesterday with yard mowing and thinking about that photo you posted. It has me in the mood to get some old pictures out and look at them again. Before Grandma passed she gave me a large trunk full of old pictures. She said I know you'll take care of them. I'm like you in that way. That stuff from the past means something to me and if Grandma expected it to be in safe keeping then hell or high water won't stop me. Anyway that's why I have always admired your devotion to your family heirlooms. On a side note. Just how many times do you wish you could relive those days? I sure do!
JoonHoss and Matt1981CJ7 like this.

My build thread

post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2021, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Matt1981CJ7

1981 CJ7 

Jim,

People always say, if they could do it all over again, they wouldn't change a thing. Not me. One of my biggest regrets is not spending more time with my Father in the latter years of his life. My father was 51 years old when I was born. So, I was busy with my young career and a new marriage when my Father was nearing the end of his life. My priorities were different than they are now. I guess age does that to you.

One thing we did every year, without fail, is go big game hunting together. In the fall of 1994, I visited him to make hunting plans for that season. With a tear in his eye, he handed the keys to his RV and CJ to me and told me to go ahead without him, because he wasn't feeling up to the task. I knew at that moment it wouldn't be long. A month later he died.

As you know, my CJ is the one material item that reminds me of my Father the most. I tell my wife that I want to be buried in it. She thinks I'm joking, and I guess I am...kinda.

Sorry to get all sentimental, gents.

Matt

post #7 of 7 Old 06-22-2021, 01:35 PM
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Matt I doubt any here feel you owe anyone an apology for your sentiments about your dad. You sure don't with me! Family traditions as you describe are the glue that holds us together. I like seeing and hearing about it. We need allot more of it too. I wish every person in America spoke with the respect and admiration you have for your folks.
cjoffroad and bob4703 like this.

My build thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in