Future engine swap option - '08 Nissan Titan - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-17-2020, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
CJKevin1978
1984 CJ7 

Future engine swap option - '08 Nissan Titan

My jeep is currently operating very nicely with a $200 360 Jeep engine - no smoke or unusual noises - so I think I am in good shape for a while.

But, I have a Nissan Titan that is mechanically sound but beginning to show its age cosmetically(both inside and out). The time is coming where it will be too ratty looking for me to want to use it but it doesn't see a lot if miles at this point.

I did a few searches but I get everything except what I am looking for. Has anyone heard of swapping the engine/trans/t-case with all their electronics from this truck into a CJ or YJ? The length between the engine mounts and the T-case outputs would be my first consideration, I suppose.

I am a few years from ever attempting this swat if it happens at all. Just giving it some thought as I start to see more rust appearring on this truck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-18-2020, 11:25 AM
4Low2G0

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Anything is possible, you're right about length, width may be an issue as this is a wide 4 cam engine.

Also need to look at transfer case output to the front axle.
Drivers side drop or passenger side drop? needs to match the Jeep or now you're swapping the front axle too,
so now the new axle need to match the rear gear ratio....

I don't think you'll find off the shelf mounts, so you will have to build your own, Wiring as well,
drive shafts. nothing will be off the shelf.

Whats over that next ridge?
post #3 of 3 Old 10-19-2020, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
CJKevin1978
1984 CJ7 

I didn't even consider the T-case drop and it is on the wrong side. The truck drops on the driver side, jeep is passenger side. That is enough to put an end to this line of thinking. My attention will turn toward TB-FI system instead (still a long-term task).

This probably added a few years to the life of the truck and means that the 360 will be in service for a long time.

Oddly enough, the distance from the engine mounts to the front yoke appears to be shorter on the truck. Early Titans have a short nose and about 1/2 of the engine us under the cowl/windshield area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in