Full Color CJ Wiring Diagram - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 70 Old 01-25-2018, 02:23 PM
nhltfour
1985 CJ7 

Garage
Looking for a high-res color wiring diagram for a 1985 CJ7. Links?

Thanks all

1985 CJ7 258 I-6 4" Rubicon Express on 33's - Soon to be primer color ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 Old 01-25-2018, 03:11 PM
nhltfour
1985 CJ7 

Garage
I also have a question regarding the 1978 color diagram that you can find out there. What is this item circled in red? I don't believe I have that in my 1985 CJ7...
Attached Images

post #63 of 70 Old 01-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

You have one but it looks different in the older vehicles...
It's called a fuse block

When I was younger, I thought I was Don Quixote... turns out I'm just another donkey-hootie.

post #64 of 70 Old 01-29-2018, 01:26 PM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Around 1979, AMC went with a newer style fuse block. Probably like the one you have on your now.

Most circuits stayed the same, a few circuits changed. Most of the colors stayed the same

Just ignore the color error on the low/hi beams.... I was concentrating on the circuit numbers..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #65 of 70 Old 01-29-2018, 02:17 PM
nhltfour
1985 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Around 1979, AMC went with a newer style fuse block. Probably like the one you have on your now.

Most circuits stayed the same, a few circuits changed. Most of the colors stayed the same

Just ignore the color error on the low/hi beams.... I was concentrating on the circuit numbers..
Do you mind just briefly explain what the codes mean? or what they correspond to? Sorry for the noob question. Just wrapping my head around everything before I start tackling the re-wiring job.

Thanks

post #66 of 70 Old 01-30-2018, 06:14 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

The numbers are circuit numbers that you would find in most schematics of the CJ. I was just pointing out the circuit number's colors stayed the same up until 1982. Then they started to mace changes in the nomenclature although the colors and gauge remained mainly unchanged.

The Letters on later CJ's matched up with the letter designation on the bulkhead connector.

post #67 of 70 Old 01-30-2018, 05:40 PM
JoeLocklear
1984 CJ7 

Thanks for the wiring diagram link. Very helpful!
post #68 of 70 Old 02-25-2019, 02:55 PM
kmorgan
1983 CJ7 

Hello,
In going through this post I ended up a little confused. The original poster seems to have been working on an 83 CJ7 (or at least that is the only model in their signature). Can someone clarify what years this diagram covers? I am working on an 83 CJ7 that was left out in the desert for about 15 years and I am working to solve some light issues.

Thanks
post #69 of 70 Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmorgan View Post
Hello,
In going through this post I ended up a little confused. The original poster seems to have been working on an 83 CJ7 (or at least that is the only model in their signature). Can someone clarify what years this diagram covers? I am working on an 83 CJ7 that was left out in the desert for about 15 years and I am working to solve some light issues.

Thanks
The original schematic has glass fuses and an heater motor that is internal to the passenger compartment

This puts it in the range of 76 to 77.

Definitely not for an 83.

I'll see if I can find an 83 schematic someplace. I can't access my files onl;ine anymore.

post #70 of 70 Old 06-05-2019, 12:54 PM
happyhour4pm
1979 CJ7 

Ok I know this is old but it is awesome. I just solved a backup light problem in less than 30 minutes. I know I am going to love this site. I have found a ton of information already just with the search function. This is my second jeep and it seems over the years the PO's just can't keep control of the wiring and though my current is no where near as bad as my last one it is still a mess.

Great Site!!

Tags
cj , diagram , wire harness , wire identification

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in