Fold n Tumble seat cover stitching differnce? - Laredo italian purse vs Stock - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By keith460

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-21-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
uw91

1984 CJ7 

Garage
Fold n Tumble seat cover stitching differnce? - Laredo italian purse vs Stock

I received some aftermarket seat covers for a stock fold-n-tumble and have a few questions. I bought from this company before and they had a little difference in the front seat covers, which I was hoping wasn't the case in the back seat.

The back seat covers (made with leather, italian purse Laredo style) are not a snug fit and don't seem to hold the same as the stock covers do. I'm worried that there is a slight padding modification in the seats between the purse style and the stock.

Is there a difference between stock and laredo (purse style) seats in padding?

Anyone out there with experience on this or am I going to need to pay extra to have an upholster fill them out for me because they are leather and not as bending as the vinyl or the poor fit?

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20191121_091205 (1).jpg  

PNW Represent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-21-2019, 12:29 PM
Deer-Slayer_5

1985 CJ7 

Garage
I don't have an answer to your question but I have a question. Who did you buy the covers from? I am looking at getting a set made and want to compare prices

CJ-7 build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-21-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
uw91

1984 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer-Slayer_5 View Post
I don't have an answer to your question but I have a question. Who did you buy the covers from? I am looking at getting a set made and want to compare prices

I picked these up from lseat.com - I'm trying to figure out where the heck they are from, even after receiving 2 separate orders from them. haha

They will do a set of leather replicas for $399 (both fronts) or $399 for the rear. (add for two-tone stitching) The fronts were a little tweaked, but my upholstery guy was able to get padding added and the shoulders corrected.

PNW Represent

post #4 of 7 Old 11-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Deer-Slayer_5

1985 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uw91 View Post
I picked these up from lseat.com - I'm trying to figure out where the heck they are from, even after receiving 2 separate orders from them. haha

They will do a set of leather replicas for $399 (both fronts) or $399 for the rear. (add for two-tone stitching) The fronts were a little tweaked, but my upholstery guy was able to get padding added and the shoulders corrected.
That's who I've been looking at but just haven't pulled the trigger on it. I have an original seat cover pattern for the front and rear that I want to replace. My upholstery guy wants a lot of money to do all 3 seats.. these guys are more than half the price from what you're saying. You're the first I've seen using lseat.com so that's why I'm curious!

CJ-7 build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-21-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
uw91

1984 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer-Slayer_5 View Post
That's who I've been looking at but just haven't pulled the trigger on it. I have an original seat cover pattern for the front and rear that I want to replace. My upholstery guy wants a lot of money to do all 3 seats.. these guys are more than half the price from what you're saying. You're the first I've seen using lseat.com so that's why I'm curious!

I waiting right now to see what they say about the fit of the back seats. If you can find someone to put the covers on and adjust padding for cheap, they aren't that bad.

PNW Represent
post #6 of 7 Old 11-21-2019, 04:24 PM
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Jeep used the same frame with padding on the front seats of the CJ's from 1981-86 and 1987-1990 for the YJ's.

Rear seats also for the fold-&-tumble from 1985 - 1989. Part #55007757 for rear seat back frame/cushion and #55007755 for rear seat bottom frame/cushion.

No difference between trim levels. Base, Renegade or Laredo.
uw91 likes this.

1984 CJ-7 Renegade
post #7 of 7 Old 11-25-2019, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
uw91

1984 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
Jeep used the same frame with padding on the front seats of the CJ's from 1981-86 and 1987-1990 for the YJ's.

Rear seats also for the fold-&-tumble from 1985 - 1989. Part #55007757 for rear seat back frame/cushion and #55007755 for rear seat bottom frame/cushion.

No difference between trim levels. Base, Renegade or Laredo.

Thank you, this was incredibly helpful!!!

PNW Represent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in