Or-fab sport bar cage - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-03-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
FATHERNSON

1977 CJ5 

Or-fab sport bar cage

Anyone used the OR-Fab weld in sport bar that bolts to the dash?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USMC
SEMPER FI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-03-2011, 08:19 PM
RangerRick
1996 TJ Wrangler 

I have one in my TJ that's bolted & welded with the floor tie in kit sandwiched through the floor to the rock sliders & frame. I added some extra bars and gussets to it, then installed the pad kit they sell so most people don't even notice it cause it looks like the Jeep came with it from factory. I installed it 8 years ago and thought about installing one in my CJ but haven't done anything yet since I fab most of my own stuff these days. RangerRick
post #3 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 10:44 AM
CJ5_Fan

1980 CJ5 

I have the bar in my CJ and i am happy with it. I feel it give some added protection, though not as much as a fully attached roll cage, without having to sacrifice leg room.

It was pretty easy to install with only some simple welds on the main bar and a few bolts in the dash. I did modify the install to include a metal plate behind the dash to add additional support to the dash attachement in the event of a roll over.

1980 CJ5 Renegade with 304 v8

post #4 of 5 Old 05-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Capt_Drake

1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRick View Post
I have one in my TJ that's bolted & welded with the floor tie in kit sandwiched through the floor to the rock sliders & frame. I added some extra bars and gussets to it, then installed the pad kit they sell so most people don't even notice it cause it looks like the Jeep came with it from factory. I installed it 8 years ago and thought about installing one in my CJ but haven't done anything yet since I fab most of my own stuff these days. RangerRick
Do you have more pics of the dash attachment? I'm thinking of building my own. The tub is off right now and I'm thinking about putting in some type of tie-in from the dash to the floor. I've looked at their website, and can't quite figure out how they did it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
drespecki

1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5_Fan View Post
I have the bar in my CJ and i am happy with it. I feel it give some added protection, though not as much as a fully attached roll cage, without having to sacrifice leg room.

It was pretty easy to install with only some simple welds on the main bar and a few bolts in the dash. I did modify the install to include a metal plate behind the dash to add additional support to the dash attachement in the event of a roll over.

Old thread but what did you use to make up your roll bar padding on the front Or-Fab kit?

It only hurts while you're breathing..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in