Crabtree Tool & Die...17 years in business!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 Old 06-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Fatman

2008 CJ7 

Jim. What the hell old man. Looks like life is being good to ya.
Been home for a while now and have decided to pass my jeep on to someone else that can appreciate it. Hope the family is well, certainly looks like the shop is doing great, congrats !
Talk to ya soon.

Thread Links:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 Old 06-02-2017, 05:58 PM
gmakra1

Jim as you have stated before that I am full of it................well I think the evidence is in your hand!
post #18 of 32 Old 06-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Skerr

1985 CJ7 

Glad I didn't miss this thread. Congrats old friend. You are a warm spot in my heart.

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!

post #19 of 32 Old 06-02-2017, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
Jim. What the hell old man. Looks like life is being good to ya.
Been home for a while now and have decided to pass my jeep on to someone else that can appreciate it. Hope the family is well, certainly looks like the shop is doing great, congrats !
Talk to ya soon.
Glad to see you back around my friend! Dave your CJ was one of the first builds I really followed here and I can't say how many times I've referenced it since and sent others to it as well. I hope even though the CJ has found a new home you'll still be around here. I'll be looking forward to talking to you. Thanks and take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra1 View Post
Jim as you have stated before that I am full of it................well I think the evidence is in your hand!
George there is overwhelming evidence that you are full of it In fact if we were to poll that thought on here I'm sure it would score higher than any other in the history of the forum. But whatever you do don't change, you're too much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Glad I didn't miss this thread. Congrats old friend. You are a warm spot in my heart.
Scott I'm glad you didn't either! Thanks and thanks again for being such a dear friend!

(Crabtree Shackle Hangers)

My build thread

post #20 of 32 Old 06-02-2017, 11:52 PM
REDnBLUES

1977 CJ7 

Congrats Jim.

Sent from my toolbox using JeepForum phone app

1977 CJ7 - LT1/700R4 Project
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock - stock
2013 JK Sahara - gone
post #21 of 32 Old 06-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

More Crabtree art.....

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
CrabtreeStuff.jpg   CrabtreeArt1.jpg   CrabtreeArt2.jpg  
WSS likes this.

post #22 of 32 Old 06-03-2017, 07:23 AM
bob4703
1974 CJ5 

Congratulations on the success of your business and your American ingenuity. I do wish you would expand your product line to include older Jeeps so I could use your products too.

If you make parts for Jeeps does that make Jeep ownership tax deductible?
Skerr likes this.

-----

Paved roads are prime examples of government over spending!
post #23 of 32 Old 06-03-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
More Crabtree art.....

Matt
Matt you're too kind. I appreciate that you posted those pictures but even more so that you were pleased with them after the sale! To me that's the ultimate goal of being in business is customers that have no regrets over what they buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4703 View Post
Congratulations on the success of your business and your American ingenuity. I do wish you would expand your product line to include older Jeeps so I could use your products too.

If you make parts for Jeeps does that make Jeep ownership tax deductible?
I do need to expand to other Jeeps, not that the CJ will ever be phased out. What would you like to see made? My entire CJ project is a tax deduction. I felt selfish to even ask my tax lady in the beginning but she assured me it was legal and above board. Since selling parts that I make is part of the business income it all can be itemized accordingly. I do try to not push the envelope and be conservative about it though.
Thanks for the well wishes!!
HackFabrication likes this.

My build thread

post #24 of 32 Old 06-03-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDnBLUES View Post
Congrats Jim.

Sent from my toolbox using JeepForum phone app
Thanks !!!

My build thread

post #25 of 32 Old 06-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Guy Smilie

1978 CJ5 

Congrats to the 17 years Jim, and many more to follow!

Ernie

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
post #26 of 32 Old 06-04-2017, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Smilie View Post
Congrats to the 17 years Jim, and many more to follow!
Thanks Ernie!!

My build thread

post #27 of 32 Old 06-04-2017, 09:28 PM

1978 FSJ Cherokee 

Dave's 78 Build
post #28 of 32 Old 06-05-2017, 05:14 AM
gmakra1

Actually thinking about it, 17 years for Jim aint that big of a deal!
Yupe you heard me correctly, see as slow as Jim moves and thinks he aint done a years worth of work yet.
Heck it took him 15 years to hook up his computer and his Jeep build some times last century.
post #29 of 32 Old 06-05-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 View Post
Thanks Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra1 View Post
Actually thinking about it, 17 years for Jim aint that big of a deal!
Yupe you heard me correctly, see as slow as Jim moves and thinks he aint done a years worth of work yet.
Heck it took him 15 years to hook up his computer and his Jeep build some times last century.
George I doubt you've set any land speed records lately now have you? Besides it was the turtle that won the race, not the hare.

My build thread

post #30 of 32 Old 06-06-2017, 10:45 AM
wm69
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Tomorrow marks a day for me that most often passes without much thought on my part but this evening, while mowing my yard, I was reminded of the fact that 17 years ago June 2nd I left an excellent job with a solid company to become selfemployed. What I left for was being my own boss and relying on faith that there would always be customers that wanted to pay me for my time so I could then support myself. It has worked out better than I thought it would for the most part.

Some of that income has come from people on this forum every time they purchase some of my Jeep parts. I am more grateful than words can express. I'm humbled by the kind words people have said and written about me and hope they always feel like saying those things. That depends on me that they feel that way and I aim to work to make sure I hold my end up. Nothing takes the place of pride in ones work and a job well done.

So thanks to all of the fine folks here on the forum that have supported me in one way or another. I also thank God that I've been blessed to be in business all these years and have excellent health to keep going. I'm 55 years old and have not given one minute of my time to the thought of retiring. I love what I do and enjoy dealing with the people that make it possible.

Thanks
Jim

Congratulations Jim. You make a quality product, so here's to another 17 years.

85 CJ7 258, borla header, Team Rush, MC2100 ,optima batt, Warn 8274, agr super box 2 & pump, T5 w/ B&M shifter, centerforce 2, superior 1 piece axles, warn hubs 2.5 in lift, 31" BFG MT

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in