Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

CJ7 windshield

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rumb 
#1 ·
Trying to get a new windshield installed at local shop. Both the windshield I bought and the one he did are too large. I dont think my frame is a replacement, it had original paint on it.

I guess they are going to try cutting one down or just have a new one made.

#2 ·
Trying to get a new windshield installed at local shop. Both the windshield I bought and the one he did are too large. I dont think my frame is a replacement, it had original paint on it.

I guess they are going to try cutting one down or just have a new one made.
rumb,

No one on the Forum can really help you until you ask a question and post pictures of the frame.

Good luck,

JS

#3 ·
I have never had trouble with any of my Jeeps getting a windshield. Something seems real odd here. Are you sure that the correct windshield was sent? Either time? And too large in height? In width or both?
You may have a newer Jeep Wrangler's windshield. I have had many CJs and 3 CJs with aftermarket frames to replace rusted factory and no problems with fit. Older CJ5 and CJ6 models have a longer windshield. 87-95 Wrangler are the same as the 76-86 CJ. 97-06 TJ and the LJs are a different size than the older and JK and JL are I believe a different size again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.