***CJ Forum to move.***** - JeepForum.com
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

***CJ Forum to move.*****

********* Notice posted April 1st. 2021 *************

Due to lack of activity in other jeep forums and lack of manufacture support for Jeep CJ , the CJ forum will will be split up and moved to other forums.

All CJ5's will be moved to the Renegade/Compass with the hope that all the increase in activity will bring more vendor support to the Renegade line.

All CJ7's and YJ's will be moved to the TJ forum and in the future, identify themselves as Wranglers

We ask that when posting pictures of your CJ5's that you keep your hard tops on your jeep as to not to intended to give the least amount of offense. Therefore all references to 'topless', 'solid axles', "Fold Down Windshields', 'leaf springs', "Fiats" of 'imports' will not be tolerated.

We also ask that everyone add "Trail Ready" or "Trail Hawk" masks to their CJ5's and "Wrangler" badges to your CJ7 so as not to give offence.

We hope that you just S-I-U this change. Remember it's ... uhm, it's.. well we're ready to make changes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I drive a Prius to save money and buy more Jeep Parts....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 04:54 AM
Axhammer
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Garage
Nice one John... but April Fools Day happens to be my wife’s birthday, so you can’t get me on this one!

Why do I own a CJ? I like to “Balance the wrench and the steering wheel”
1985 CJ-7 Sebring Red, White hardtop, 284 CID inline six (4.7) TF 999 auto
2020 JLU Black, Black hardtop, EcoDiesel, 35’s on 2” Mopar lift
View my Pontiac in my profile
post #3 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

What a coincidence, It happens to be my ex-wife's birthday and my ex-next-ex-next-ex-boss's birthday also.

Right now I'm April Fool Free.
robblue6412 likes this.

post #4 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 05:28 AM
keith460
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

It's my wife's Birthday tomorrow, she ain't no fool.

1984 CJ-7 Renegade
post #5 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 06:22 AM
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Yep leave it to use old guys to bail out these other Jeep sections. With that being said though the move would have been fine with me as I sold the CJ. My insurance agent made me an offer the other day that I just couldn't pass up. So here's the replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
012.jpg  
JoonHoss and Fourtrail like this.

(Crabtree Shackle Hangers)

My build thread

post #6 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 06:31 AM
Axhammer
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Yep leave it to use old guys to bail out these other Jeep sections. With that being said though the move would have been fine with me as I sold the CJ. My insurance agent made me an offer the other day that I just couldn't pass up. So here's the replacement.
Ahh, I’m waiving the BS flag on this too...it’s gonna be a long day.

Why do I own a CJ? I like to “Balance the wrench and the steering wheel”
1985 CJ-7 Sebring Red, White hardtop, 284 CID inline six (4.7) TF 999 auto
2020 JLU Black, Black hardtop, EcoDiesel, 35’s on 2” Mopar lift
View my Pontiac in my profile
post #7 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 07:13 AM
ccoyle71
1986 CJ7 

I felt my heart rate increase and blood pressure go up.....until I realized part way through it was in fact April fools......

So - your post did get someone....at least for a split second.
John Strenk likes this.
post #8 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
So, 30" wheels in your future?

post #9 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 07:41 AM
Deer-Slayer_5

1985 CJ7 

Garage
I walk out for work this morning and it is snowing... it was 60 yesterday! Now all of this? Holy crap, this April fools is out of control

CJ-7 build
post #10 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Of course it's snowing, I took my plow off a couple of days ago...
Your just lucky I didn't take my snow tires off yet....

post #11 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 07:55 AM
robblue6412

1980 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post

We also ask that everyone add "Trail Ready" or "Trail Hawk" masks to their CJ5's and "Wrangler" badges to your CJ7 so as not to give offence.
This was really the icing on the cake

Rob
1980 CJ7 304/4sp
post #12 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 07:55 AM
sonnychiss
1978 CJ5 

Quote:

Due to lack of activity in other jeep forums and lack of manufacture support for Jeep CJ , the CJ forum will will be split up and moved to other forums.

All CJ5's will be moved to the Renegade/Compass with the hope that all the increase in activity will bring more vendor support to the Renegade line.

All CJ7's and YJ's will be moved to the TJ forum and in the future, identify themselves as Wranglers

We ask that when posting pictures of your CJ5's that you keep your hard tops on your jeep as to not to intended to give the least amount of offense. Therefore all references to 'topless', 'solid axles', "Fold Down Windshields', 'leaf springs', "Fiats" of 'imports' will not be tolerated.

We hope that you just S-I-U this change. Remember it's ... uhm, it's.. well we're ready to make changes.
Good one John....but I'm offended by your use of S-I-U. Around here that stands for the Salukis of Southern Illinios University.
post #13 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 07:58 AM
torkman1983
Retired Air Force
1983 CJ7 

You got me for a minute John. As I read the first couple lines I was getting a bit mad then it hit me, I realized why this was happening. It is because the search capability is so much better on the TJ Forum. Knowing this change will make searching for things like how to test CJ gauges easier will make it worth it. Thanks John for letting us know. I will also remove the CJ7 emblem off the back of my Jeep so I don’t upset the TJ folks.
post #14 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 08:04 AM
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
So, 30" wheels in your future?
John always remember that every lie has a little truth in it but yes the 30" wheels would really set it off!

(Crabtree Shackle Hangers)

My build thread

post #15 of 34 Old 04-01-2021, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Full disclosure time, I also owned a JKU and loved it, for a while, see post #3....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in