Anyone willing to loan out their ball joint reamer for a drag link flip? - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By sanmiam
  • 1 Post By cglax6

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-11-2021, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Techlight
1984 CJ7 

Garage
Anyone willing to loan out their ball joint reamer for a drag link flip?

Hi All,

I've searched and searched the forum but can't find the recent post where a few people were talking about drag link/tie rod flips and offered to loan out their ball joint reamer (I'll pay shipping both ways of course). Or if someone is willing to sell theirs at a discount that would be cool too.

Or if someone has a link to the correct reamer at a "cheap"-er price that would be great too. I think it's crazy those things are so expensive. I get it that it's an automotive tool etc but still.

Thanks in advance...feel free to pm me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-11-2021, 09:11 PM
sanmiam

1983 CJ7 

I have a cheapie that worked for me that I would lend out. Just shoot me a PM with the address and I will price out shipping. Of note, I am all the way over on the right side of the country, so if someone from CA has a reamer available it may be a better option.
Nick4320 likes this.

Building a Jeep is like playing golf, every now and then you get a good shot that makes you believe, hey I can do this!
post #3 of 6 Old 01-12-2021, 12:12 PM
sonnychiss
1978 CJ5 

I believe this is the thread you were looking for. Post #4 has a link to a reamer on ebay for about $68. Fourtrail confirms later in the thread that it is the correct reamer. Kudos to sanmiam for offering to help out too.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/t...p-kit-4420565/

post #4 of 6 Old 01-12-2021, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Techlight
1984 CJ7 

Garage
Thanks Sanmiam...I'll check out the other post and fleabay link etc. then post back or pm ya. Appreciate it to ya both.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-21-2021, 02:38 AM
ronnhunt

Why don't you buy one? For example, whenever I need something for my farm, I always believe it, so in the future, when I will need it again, I already have it. I know that farming equipment is expensive, but you need to know that it will get more value.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-21-2021, 05:40 AM
cglax6
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnhunt View Post
Why don't you buy one? For example, whenever I need something for my farm, I always believe it, so in the future, when I will need it again, I already have it. I know that farming equipment is expensive, but you need to know that it will get more value.
It's hard for some folks to justify the high price tag of a reamer that they will only use once in their lives. Once a knuckle is reamed for a tie rod flip, it doesn't get reamed again. For 99% of us, it's a one and done tool...unless you plan to buy another CJ and want to do it again. It's not like it's a yoke nut or front hub socket where you'd likely use it again for maintenance.

Nothing wrong with borrowing a tool when you have awesome folks on the site willing to do so...
maddanecj7 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in