Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

84 Laredo OEM am/FM or AM/FM cassette radio?

717 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Superjeep3 
#1 ·
84 Laredo OEM AM/FM or AM/FM cassette radio?

Heya all, several years ago I bought an OEM AM/FM CB radio that I planned on putting in my 84 cj-7. SInce then I have changed my mind about needing a CB in the jeep so I have been looking for an AM/FM or AM/FM Cassette. I have looked in the parts section of the site, and ebay, but have not found anything. So my question is...does anyone have one that they would like to part with? It does not have to be working, but the more complete the better. Thank you all.

#3 ·
No, just nobody has one laying around that aren't already sold or being used. They are rare to find and when you do find one, expect to pay 400+ for one. I was fortunate to find a spare, which I will never part with, at an old Jeep junkyard in 1988 and paid $30.00 for it. I don't think you can buy even a single tuning knob for 30 bucks now.

#4 ·
Thanks Keith, I wasn't sure if it was in the right spot. I agree about the rarity. I found the CB radio and a few others years ago and thought the CB would be fun to use. Growing up we usually had one in the truck we drove. With cell phones all over the place now I just don't think I would use the CB part. When I find an oem am/fm or am/fm cassette, the CB radio will become available for someine that would be able to use it.

#5 ·
Heya all, several years ago I bought an OEM AM/FM CB radio that I planned on putting in my 84 cj-7. SInce then I have changed my mind about needing a CB in the jeep so I have been looking for an AM/FM or AM/FM Cassette. I have looked in the parts section of the site, and ebay, but have not found anything. So my question is...does anyone have one that they would like to part with? It does not have to be working, but the more complete the better. Thank you all.
I have a few radios that i'd consider trading for a amc am fm cb...

I'm not on this forum very often so not really sure how to share photos etc. My email is gixerjames@hotmail.com
Did I post this in the wrong section?

#7 ·
I know of someone who has an AM/FM/Cassette in near-new condition. Wasn't working, but I think it wouldn't take more than a belt and a greasing of the radio dial. I think. He wanted a pretty penny for it, but for reference I paid $150 for this one and another $600 to restore it (full capacitor replacement, head and belt replacement, and lube).

If you want the contact info for the guy on the other one, let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.