Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

84 CJ 7 elec harness replace and wire connectors Help

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Ts68firebird 
#1 ·
Howdy all, I've got a 84 CJ, Inline 6 with original carb that was hacked to pieces electrically so to speak. every wire harness has been cut, spliced, re wire etc. Replacing with a painless configurable harness (yes bad choice but its to late to change).

I am looking for direction and help on some of the hard to find connectors. Specifically the end of wire pins for Odomoter bulb set and 90 deg push on posts etc.

I have to replace the ICM all the wire have been hacked and the box backing is gone. The vehicle didn't have a ballast resistor, DO I need to install one? Where the best source to get the wiring connectors and such. Ideas and thoughts are welcome. Thanks,

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I am completely re wiring the entire jeep. I have the tail and dash completely apart and rewired but still looking for a few connectors for the dash lights etc. I want to replace all the bulb sockets and stud pigtails without having to splice and soldering every wire. The engine is proving to be difficult because it seems that several thing have be jumpered or cut off to avoid issue with emission control, fuel vapor canister and the 2 barrel carb.
Beween Haynes, Chiltons and the internet I'm having to learn the history of trouble shooting the engine to understand all the confusing wiring thats been done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.