77 cj7 bolt in sport cage?? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-23-2005, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
cwbrg

77 cj7 bolt in sport cage??

Has anyone seen the bolt in cage from OR FAB? Quadratec advertises it but has no Pic. What are your thoughts.....??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
I am not familiar with this bolt on cage but would like to offer you a suggestion. Usually by the time you pay for these and have them shipped you can usually get a quality fabricator to do a better job and get a stronger cage for the same or less money. It may be worth your time to check with a few places (if you have them in your area) to see how much they charge and what kind of experience they have. Just a thought!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BDS Springs, MetalCloak Arms, Fox Shocks, Warn Winch, Savvy Ft Bumper, Antirock, GenRight Fenders, GR8 Top, 35" Pittbulls, 5.13's, Revolution Axle Shafts, LS/6.0, 4L80e

'76 CJ-7, 33" Swampers, 6-Point Cage, 4-Speed, Dana 300 Twin Stick
post #3 of 5 Old 08-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Sprkplug
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbrg
Has anyone seen the bolt in cage from OR FAB? Quadratec advertises it but has no Pic. What are your thoughts.....??
There is a new discussion on JU about this cage.

Our 4X4 club had a ride this past Sunday. We had 2 roll overs. 1 CJ and 1 TJ. The CJ had the stock bar type "B" and nothing more. Did a side roll over. Real easy roll but the damage was as bad as the TJ below.

The TJ did an end over. Hard roll. He had the ORF cage in and it saved him and his passenger.

The problem with this cage is not the bolt in, but that it ties into the body tub along the dash and not the floor. Had this tied to the floor, his tub would not have been damged as much.

I'll not post the picts here, but here's the thread on JU with picts

http://65.42.106.152/forums/showthread.php?t=667089

Sparkplug

1978 Jeep CJ 7 258 6cyl Quadra-Trac with T400. Custom 3" body lift. Flatfendered. Custom bumpers. Full 6 point roll cage. 36" IROK's. 2 1/2 suspenion lift and 1/2 shackle lift. GM HEI, Superior 1-piece axles, 4.88 gears, Weber carb. Locked front and rear. Best of all, fours sons who LOVE TO RIDE!

post #4 of 5 Old 08-24-2005, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
cwbrg

Thanks for the suggestions, I just need to get someone to build the cage. I will start looking and then get the bolt on if I cannot find a good builder.

anyone have an idea who can build on in the tampa florida area???

77 CJ 7 Levi Renagade version

H3 daily driver (yea I know, but i liked it)
post #5 of 5 Old 08-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Sprkplug
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbrg
Thanks for the suggestions, I just need to get someone to build the cage. I will start looking and then get the bolt on if I cannot find a good builder.

anyone have an idea who can build on in the tampa florida area???
The cage itself is great. All you would need is to get someone to extend this pipe down to the floor and bolt it down. The cage did well in this roll over, but as you can see from those pics, this front support ties into the tub so it force the tub to buckle from the impact.

See where the bar ties into the plate that is bolted to the tub here.

Sparkplug

1978 Jeep CJ 7 258 6cyl Quadra-Trac with T400. Custom 3" body lift. Flatfendered. Custom bumpers. Full 6 point roll cage. 36" IROK's. 2 1/2 suspenion lift and 1/2 shackle lift. GM HEI, Superior 1-piece axles, 4.88 gears, Weber carb. Locked front and rear. Best of all, fours sons who LOVE TO RIDE!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in