3 Point seat belt mounting - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-03-2020, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
breceski
1977 CJ5 

3 Point seat belt mounting

Replacing my seatbelts. Anyone have a good picture of the mounting on the floor? My seatbelts are not installed correctly and want to make sure I get these in right. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-21-2020, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
breceski
1977 CJ5 

Any one have any close up pics of how that are installed????

Thanks,
Bill
post #3 of 7 Old 05-21-2020, 11:44 AM
adman02
1979 CJ7 

I just bought and installed these in my 83 Scrambler. I chose them specifically because I would only need to use two holes for the retractable side (one hole on the roll bar and one hole on the floor). If you look closely at the bottom, you'll see a metal plate the connects the retractor end and the lap end (look at the pic and this will make more sense).

https://www.wescoperformance.com/92-...s-retract.html

post #4 of 7 Old 05-21-2020, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
breceski
1977 CJ5 

I see that. I may have to order those because it looks like it would work for my cj. Thanks.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-21-2020, 06:14 PM
brianscoob

1976 CJ7 

Garage
I need to do the same thing except i have a 1976 and it only required two seat belts and I want to go to 3 point eventually which mean I have obliviously have to do a little fab work on my roll bar. I will be looking to put the same belts in as these. Do I just need to weld the upper in place or drill and bolt down? I will admit it's different driving around with only the lap belt on, and I'd hate to have to kiss that steering wheel. I do drive pretty conservative on the roads with top and doors off.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-22-2020, 06:57 AM
adman02
1979 CJ7 

You probably want to drill a hole rather than weld (in case you ever want or need to remove the seat belt). You will also want to weld a sleeve in the hole that you drill to keep the roll bar from collapsing in under tension. And use grade 8 hardware. That’s what I’d do anyway.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-22-2020, 06:42 PM
MrPeter63
1983 CJ7 

To the OP. The way my '83 7 is, your year 5 might be different but. The retractable bolts to the side of the tub on the B pillar, up to the roll bar, and back down to the floor. The bracket on the loose end bolts to the floor basically under the retractable with the belt pointing towards the front of the jeep. Getting to dark to take a pic, but if ya really need one i can try in the AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in