1979 CJ5 Build (Tank Killer) - Page 88 - JeepForum.com
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1306 of 1309 Old 08-06-2018, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow

1979 CJ5 

Tried uploading a video but it didn't work. Next I moved onto the passenger side. It went pretty quick. On the driver side I used body filler to attempt to make things smooth enough to paint. It wasn't pretty. On the passenger side I took a shot at bondo and it actually turned out pretty well. Then my secret to painting...lol magnets.... finished product with the window.

Attached Thumbnails
8.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg   11.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1307 of 1309 Old 08-06-2018, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow

1979 CJ5 

Both doors finished and ready to head to All Breeds Jeep Show in York PA. I also thought it looked like chicken wings with the doors open from the front....lol
Attached Thumbnails
12.jpg   14.jpg   13.jpg  
John Strenk and Dhaole like this.

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Real Heroes don't wear capes, They wear Dog Tags!"

CHECK OUT 4 WHEEL TO HEAL

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook
post #1308 of 1309 Old 08-06-2018, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow

1979 CJ5 

The Jeep show weather wasn't nice. It rained all weekend and we were short handed in the 4W2H booth so I didn't get to wheel... but I sold about $260 in old CJ parts and found a pretty clean set of Quadratec Denim Black Uppers for $60.00 Still after getting it home and everything on the doors tweaked I keep standing there looking at it..... like Wow.... it came out so well. Custom CJ5 Half doors..... Just need to rhino line the inside of the doors and call it a day.
Attached Thumbnails
15.jpg  
John Strenk, SKT and WSS like this.

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook

post #1309 of 1309 Old 08-06-2018, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
boarderofsnow

1979 CJ5 

Oh I am going to purchase a new denim black soft top since I've had this one for 10 years and its seen better days. Just going to build the bank account back up before pulling the trigger. Time to do some work to the trailer.

J.P.
President / Co-Founder
4 Wheel to Heal

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread

Facebook

Tags
14 bolt , 5.3l vortec , atlas , cj5 , dana 60

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in