Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1974 CJ5 Value

16K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  HighCountry 
#1 ·
need help valuing a purchase. Original owner jeep with 40K miles. Always garaged. 258 w/ 3 speed. Original soft top that has never been put down. It has been repainted, and the only rust I could find was on the gas tank skid plate. I am picking it up tomorrow and will post pics then. In the meantime what do you think on value.....it is the cleanest Jeep I have ever seen that was not a restoration.

#4 ·
I dated a girl once, she had blond hair, and wasn't fat...Should I have married her?

(point is...a bit more info is always helpful) ;)

it's worth exactly what you were willing to pay for it. if you're happy, that's really all that matters.

(but I still want to see pic's)

Hoss

#14 ·
Yes it was originally green...then desert tan, finally orange. The guy who owns it is 80, and says all work ever done was by his jeep dealer. The owner towed it to NC one time, and other than that is has sat in his barn for trips to the hardware store, feed store, post office ,etc. He is an electrical engineer, and all of the "extra wiring" in the engine bay is for a CB with underhood megaphone, and homemade towing lights. Says he dewired all the add-ons over the last few days. I will take a magnet.

#15 ·
I'm not overly suspicious of the mileage claim, especially if he can back it up... the brake pedal looks low mileage. ;)

if someone had it that long, but it was stored outside, having it being taken care of (repainted) wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Hoss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.