It's driving me insane. Please help. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-29-2021, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
bent_

It's driving me insane. Please help.

Hi, first time poster.

I really need help with tires.
I been on it for 2 whole days now and i'm not getting wiser.

First, i got the Jeep renegade 2015 limited.
I got 17 inch 215/65/r17 and the same on my winters tires.
Now, i want to go muddring with friends and want to buy a set of BF goodrich k02 215/60/r17 but the buyer says it's impossible because they will not fit and rub the wheel house wall and year on the wheel.

Ok, i know the k02 have aggressive mud tires, but no way in hell they won't fit. First of, its 215, not 225, not 235..it's not 65 or 70.
It's a tiny tire in the same size as both my current set ups.
Everywhere i read or watch videos everyone either got the raised trailhawk edition or have done modification to the springs/height. Ofcourse they will fit no matter what.

But can someone tell me why my dealer says it's impossible to have them fitted and I need to go down to 215/65/r16...? According to tire calculate they will both be the same size but i have to buy 5 new rims and 5 tires (going for a spare in same. Look/size) instead of 1 extra rim and fire tires and fit them on my already owned 17".

I just don't get why i cant have 215/60/r17??

So this evening i went out and measured the inbetweens wheelhouse and tire and even had full turn lock on front wheels to see how much space i had left on all sides. I got plenty of room.. Plenty! Somehwere between 2-3 inches depending on where i measured.

So please, help a fellow renny owner and tell me why i can not (according to the dealer) have the same inch and same witdth but with smaller height/mass % (60 instead of 65) fitted to a limited edition that even comes with 18" on the Opening edition.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-29-2021, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
bent_

My Phone have horrible auto Correction.
And I can not find an Edit button anywhere.
Oh well, you get the picture.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-01-2021, 07:40 PM
BLKTHJPN

I'm running 225/65-17 BF GOODRICH K02's with no issues on a 2016 Renegade Trailhawk

post #4 of 7 Old 07-02-2021, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
bent_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTHJPN View Post
I'm running 225/65-17 BF GOODRICH K02's with no issues on a 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
Yes, but the trailhawk is lifted stock. It's like 8.7 inch while the limited is 7.9.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-07-2021, 04:35 PM
BLKTHJPN

If you are currently running 215-65R17 and want to run 215-60 R 17 you shouldn't have any problem with fitment as the overall diameter will be smaller
a 60 aspect ratio sidewall is 129mm and a 65 aspect ratio sidewall is 139.75 mm effectively the overall tire diameter will be approx. 21.5 mm smaller

The dealer will tell you that you can't run them because its not the factory size

If you do run them you will notice that your speedometer will read higher than actual speed due to the smaller circumference of the tires
post #6 of 7 Old 07-09-2021, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
bent_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTHJPN View Post
If you are currently running 215-65R17 and want to run 215-60 R 17 you shouldn't have any problem with fitment as the overall diameter will be smaller
a 60 aspect ratio sidewall is 129mm and a 65 aspect ratio sidewall is 139.75 mm effectively the overall tire diameter will be approx. 21.5 mm smaller

The dealer will tell you that you can't run them because its not the factory size

If you do run them you will notice that your speedometer will read higher than actual speed due to the smaller circumference of the tires
Thank you.
So there will be a problem with my speedometer now? I thought i should go down in since due to the aggressive grip /thread on the K02's.
So if i went with 215/65/r17 instead (the same size i currently have on) .. It would have been much better?

Is it the width of the tires that cause rubbing? 225? 235?
Ofcourse i would have wanted to go with atleast 225 on them, maybe 225/70/r16.. but i was to scared to buy tires for $1000 only to have serious problems.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-09-2021, 05:18 AM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent_ View Post
Thank you.
So there will be a problem with my speedometer now?...
Only about 2%.

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in