Need help from fellow Jeep Renegade owners!! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-03-2018, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
M-RodPRO1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Need help from fellow Jeep Renegade owners!!

I purchased a 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk about 8 months ago and I love it. Ive only had one problem with it and it was the radiator but thankfully the warranty covered it.

My problem is actually related to the spare tire. When I purchased my Jeep Renegade, I am 99.9% positive my TH came with a full spare and a TH wheel, however, I opened my truck today to vacuum the back and noticed I have a worn out, beat up spare with a black wheel. The only thing I can think of is that the Dealership swapped my tire, but I don't know why. I've taken it to service twice, once for the radiator and the other for an oil change.

To make my story short, that the dealership basically told me that I'm lying. (Unfortunately, I never took a picture of the spare when I purchased my Jeep, I mean, who does) The manager at my nearest Jeep dealership, told me that the Renegades have never had a TH wheel in the spare tire. However, when I left the place I googled and saw a couple pictures of a full TH wheel in the spare tire.

I would like to ask all you Jeepers that own a Trailhawk model to post a picture of your spare tire and wheel and also post the year of the Renegade. I want to find out if all TH models come with TH wheel.

(I attached a picture of the ugly used spare they left in my Jeep, they could've at least washed it!)

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180702_213522_1530646930092.jpg  

Follow My Build!

'99 Wrangler 2.5L

Red Jeep Club Member #543

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-18-2019, 03:28 AM
jester72
2016 BU Renegade 

Garage
Did you ever resolve this? I just looked at my door placard tonight before work and it says it has a full size spare tire. I can double check after work if you like. Mine is also a trailhawk.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-18-2019, 06:01 PM
jester72
2016 BU Renegade 

Garage
My Renegade Trail hawk came with a full size stock Goodyear on a black steel wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
20190218_073342_1550538067260.jpg  

Ladies, when a man tells you he's going to do something, He will. You don't have to remind him every 6 months!

post #4 of 5 Old 03-26-2019, 01:35 PM
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
My wife is trading her 2010 JKU for a new 18 Renegade Latitude or Altitude tomorrow, we looked at a Trail Hawk on Saturday and my dealer told us the Trail Hawks came with a full size spare. Part of the off road pkg. I remember seeing one in the trunk area.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Andreeas1978
2015 BU Renegade 

2015 Trailhawk, full alloy wheel just like the ones on the car, it even has the pressure sensor installed, it read just fine when I used it. It is quite expensive, wheel+tyre+sensor, how it is sold goes up to 550E, 600USD, expensive. (Here in Romania) All Trailhawks come with it, I`ve read the papers with optionals and prices on all years. Yours had been stolen. But you cannot prove it unfortunately and I know of a service that didn't know of one employee who was replacing original parts with Chinese crap... It's possible that the representative doesn't know what mechanics are doing or .. I don't know, himself might be involved.. Keep confronting them, sue them, bring your witnesses, I don't know, you can't leave it like that, it's outrageous! I'll send you a picture tomorrow maybe, but it's irrelevant, you know what you had in your trunk!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in