Service Bulletin 09-002-14 REV B - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
2013BlackJK

Service Bulletin 09-002-14 REV B

Hello all,

I recently went through a full tune up since I was pulling code P0302 from my check engine light. This tuneup did not fix the issue. My Jeep has 80K miles on it and this is the first issue I've run into. I did some research and found the link listed below had some potential extended warranty information. My question, does anyone know how I can check to see if I am in luck and covered? I tried calling two dealers service centers and have not received a call back. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance

ww.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0900214b.pdf

VIN: 1C4AJWAG2DL693156
2013 Black 2 Door JK

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2019, 03:27 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
if you are thinking of the head issue. Once the 302/ or 6 come up. The only real way to know if its the exhaust valve issue is a leak down test. though that on a Jk left bank is not easy since the intake must come off to do it.

few things they tend to do; Tick the bad valve will tick, wont go away warm or cold.. its rather loud like a old VW that never had its valves lashed correctly. They tend to loose a bit of power/mpg. though tend to run ok. mine was done in late 13 its a 12. at 20k the head was dead.

i wondered what they do with one of these when it comes up after the jeep has made it through the warranty? In reality if it makes past the warranty well it was as designed, to fail right after. I know on my heep they sent me this extended warranty BUT that is only for the new head, not the other one that is no better than the first. They gave that head like 100k. the rest nope so really dont matter its a disposable engine really.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-23-2019, 03:58 PM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Attached is a copy of TSB - for info. Others may not be familiar.

I see red flags when I see the words 'TUNE UP' , Who recommended, who did the 'tune up'
and what was done.
I am and always be a cynical NYer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 09-002-14.pdf (114.4 KB, 19 views)

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-09-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
2013BlackJK

Thank you for the responses. Apologize for going MIA there; they replaced the cylinder head. Misfire then switched over to cylinder 6 so they replaced rockers. Jeep is all set now!
post #5 of 5 Old 08-15-2020, 09:31 PM
Papa_Cookie
2014 JK Wrangler 

Did they do the repairs under the warranty?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in