N23 recall wow what a mess - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-13-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
debswen

N23 recall wow what a mess

Just facts, you decide. Sept. 21, 2015 purchased 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi. Made aware at time of purchase recall N23 not done. Jeep was running great, no problems. Oct. 21, 2015 took Jeep in to get the N23 recall done. 3 days later, driving at 55MPH, sudden loss of RPM, feels like I braked with both feet, go to pull off road and the vehicle accelerates. Call the authorized dealer who did the recall, to talk to the tech who did the job, and he is no longer there. The service manager tells me to drive it over the weekend and see if the Jeep does it again. You can guess what happened. Only this time, along with the sudden loss of power, I now have a violently shaking Jeep when trying to drive, an ESP disabled message and a service engine icon flashing. Limp the vehicle 4 miles to the original service dealer. After 2 weeks the dealer informs me that 5 of 8 lifter are not working, they replace all 16. After a total of nearly 3 weeks I pick up the vehicle. The total cost was $2055.09. I drove the vehicle 55.9 miles and the nightmare has started all over again. Coincidence or recall flaw?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Wow that's messed up do u have the lemon law there, ? Let them fix it again and see what happens 3d time and the dealer has to take the jeep back and give u a new one if I'm not mistaken

If the issue has happend again then its prob wasn't fixed to begin with good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in