EcoDiesel Re-Flash issues? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2021, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
scooper77535

EcoDiesel Re-Flash issues?

I was reading an older thread, maybe 2019, where the re-flash to correct the ecodiesel emissions issue significantly and NEGATIVELY affected the performance of the Jeep.

Does anyone have any current info on this re-flash? Does it still harm takeoff power, mpg, shifting, and exhaust regen? Or has a newer version been put out that does not hurt?

We have settled, got our cash, and I am sure that the next time it goes into the shop, they will REQUIRE the reflash. If so, and it harms my performance, I may get a tuner and improve the performance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-18-2021, 02:45 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
depends where you live i think. unless you can switch tunes on the fly on those years? No idea. But if it was to pass in places they check, they already know how jeep tried to play games with the program.

Here no one would care where i live. No tests or even an inspection. My diesels are all old school and one has like 6 on the fly settings. stock two tow modes, mostly changes trans shifting, then two performance tunes. the highest tune really dont do well, way to hot and you have to watch EGTs they will get out of hand if you stay on it to long.. One is high idle and one is no tune. for theft, remove program wont start. remove box that programs it. Box is like smaller then a box of matches. just a led of numbers and two buttons up or down.

The tuners for these things today do all that still on new trucks? seems they made the PCM just to locked to even bother?

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in