2012 Grand Cherokee Fuel Relay Recall - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-13-2020, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
SimoneJeepGC

Angry 2012 Grand Cherokee Fuel Relay Recall

Hi All,
I have a frustrating issue that I would like some help or advice with please.
My husband and I have a 2012 GC 3.0 which we bought in January 2020. We took it to our local Jeep agent in our area in February for an outstanding recall on the sun visor which was replaced no issue. At the time, I asked if there were any outstanding recalls and was advised there were none and they would contact me if there were any further recalls.
In the last 6 months, the car has cut out completely while driving twice, very random cut outs. It starts again and can be driven. We had the oil filters changed an case that was the issue, no luck. My husband was driving around 120kph and the vehicle just cut out. Again, he managed to drive it further but at very low speed.
We took the car to our Jeep agent and again asked if there are any outstanding recalls, we were told there were none. The fuel assembly was already removed without our consent or go ahead. They told us that they suspected an issue with the fuel line, they put fuel in to count this out and told us that wasn't the issue. After 2 weeks of the car sitting there, we finally got slapped with a massive bill saying they need to replace the fuel pump, level unit and fuel filters. The "level unit" on their quote had a part number which we googled and then discovered it was the fuel relay part (recall part) which they renamed on their quote to "level unit". When we asked about the recall and why they never informed us, we were told that it is because there is no replacement part so they never told us about the recall. We called Fiat Chrysler Group and they confirmed there is an available part for the recall. We told this to our Jeep agent and they then told us they had a part in for another recall client which they tested on our vehicle and it did not solve the problem. Fiat Chrysler also contacted them the same day and advised us that they hadnt done the recall but would complete it and then test to inform us what the issue was. They have given 3 different versions now.
Also, we had previously negotiated a discount and asked for the updated quote, magically that relay part was now removed without any mention of why.
My problem is our car is now being held at ransom and we have been lied to multiple times so we just dont trust what they are telling us. Our research of the recall matches the exact issue we had with the vehicle and not a faulty pump.
Is there anyone out there that has some advice on what action we can take now? I feel like we are being played for repairs that arent actually legitimate. They have a terrible attitude and basically make us feel like we must pay or we don't get out car back.
Also, some advice on what symptoms the fuel relay causes versus what symptoms a faulty fuel pump or fuel line causes. Can it be all three parts failing at the same time (fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel relay)?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-13-2020, 04:12 AM
bts_wk2

There's many sticky thread on this forum about this issue. Your problem is mainly because faulty fuel pump relay on the TIPM. The recall resolution is bypassing the relay with external relay.
You can find the full thread on the "sticky" thread
post #3 of 3 Old 08-13-2020, 04:30 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

@JeepCares FCA customer service might be able to assist. Send them a PM, or they may see this post...

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in