Are you tired of 'drive-by' posts too? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 02-02-2019, 11:58 AM
remmons

2015 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Forums are like many things in life, once the newness runs out the thrill is gone, and they move on to the next thing that excites them.

Robert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 02-02-2019, 12:09 PM
poriggity

I'm actually guilty of that.. I bought a 98 zj back in April of last year, started a build thread, then got busy and didn't come back to updating it (even though I didn't do much to the Jeep). I am finally getting around to some modifications, and I will continue to update it. I also upgraded my account to a supporter of the forum, as sort of an incentive to stay here and keep coming back.

Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 36 Old 02-05-2019, 09:59 AM
variable

1993 ZJ 

Not knowing how to search for something aside - I too am guilty of this. I suppose it would be more accurate to say I'm more of a "lurker", but some times its the equivalent of popping into the hardware store for a single item or to ask a question of someone who probably knows something more than I do.

Its also a bit of a catch 22 in that regard - if I were say a jeep owner but not necessarily because I'm a "car guy" and wanted to ask a quick question about the one thing or two that I need some tidbit of info on that I couldn't find online or the dealership couldn't/wouldn't help me with, or I didn't quite know how to word the question, what else am I supposed to do?

I can't speak for everyone, but in the few cases where I've had to do that (usually helping someone who knows nothing about cars with a car I don't otherwise have an interest in - say a toyota camary or something), I'll usually at least say something to the effect of 'thanks for the help/info' etc. But 99% of sites won't (and for good reason) let you post without signing up, so you inevitably end up with a site chock full of super short term users.

Can't have everything..

93 ZJ V8 5.2 - K&N FIPK, leaky exhaust
post #34 of 36 Old 02-05-2019, 04:55 PM
mukluk
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'd guess the main beef to be had with the drive-by "one post wonders" is they lack the decent courtesy to at least follow up their query with a thank you post to acknowledge the input from others. There's nothing wrong with asking questions to gain understanding of something one doesn't know or need clarification on, but to not follow through with at least a "thanks for the info" is a bit rude and shows a lack of regard for the information shared and the time taken to do so.
Ross, jbolty and jeepster4245 like this.

2000 TJ SE
2005 LJ Rubicon
post #35 of 36 Old 02-05-2019, 05:10 PM
variable

1993 ZJ 

93 ZJ V8 5.2 - K&N FIPK, leaky exhaust
post #36 of 36 Old 02-06-2019, 10:34 AM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
Have a look at post #22 above. It says the member has zero posts, which is not possible when looking at a post. The reply was also posted on the 22nd. You have to be logged in to post. The profile indicates the member has not logged in the past month. I 'reported' it, jokingly as Russian Hackers. Admin checked and said IP was from Orange County CA, but didn't seem to care about the zero and the dates. Odd too. Thoughts?
K... after re-reading post #22, aside from what you stated, the posters ride is a 2018 XJ Cherokee.
Question: Are the new (newer) Cherokee's even called XJ's any more?

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in