Whats your best/ dumbest injury? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Ski01xj

2002 WJ 

Whats your best/ dumbest injury?

Just recently we were playing a practical joke on some girls from work. They work in the bakery and were all in the deli so we always tease them (because we'd sleep with all of them). Anyways we got a dozen things of saran wrap and went to town while they were in the basement for a meeting after the store closed the other night.

I go to pull the perforated cardboard thing open by sliding my thumb down it so it would open. I payed no attention to the metal tear strip located right ontop of the bardboard strip I was attempting to remove. Sliced my finger with a good amount of force for about 3 inches. Cut my thumb about 1/4 inch deep. It was gushing blood. Driving home I was thinking stiches might be necessary, but the bleeding had subsided by the time I got home. Karma at its finest. Definatly one of the stupidest injurys to date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 09:58 PM
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

I broke my collar bone in 3 places jumping and casing a double and then getting run over by two other riders.

Gone but not forgotten: '86 CJ7, '06 Wrangler X, '03 Rubicon, '97 Wrangler, '77 CJ5, '74 CJ5(RIP)...gone and forgotten: 07 JK Sahara Unlimited, '78 CJ5

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
post #3 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Ski01xj

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
I broke my collar bone in 3 places jumping a casing a double and then getting run over by two other riders.
My neighbor did that on a triple, except someone landed on him. He spent a year in a coma, lost all his memory, motor skills, everything. He had to learn how to walk and speak again. He lost his left arm too. Today hes driving an S-10 with hand controls and picking up the paper at the store I work at on weekends. Hes an inspiration.
post #4 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
I broke my collar bone in 3 places jumping a casing a double and then getting run over by two other riders.
my good friend "disloacted his shoulder" in a game of "touch" football senior year when he was tackled from behind. if wouldnt "pop back in place" so we all took turns putting one foot on his chest and pulling his arm as hard as we could to get it back in.

later that night we found out he broke his collar bone and we put him through agony just for the fun of it

Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #5 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 PM
cjb7804

Worst was getting the end of my thumb cut off 3 or 4 years ago. I was working on a windrower putting new blades on and one of them got jamed, so as I was trying to get the jam undone, my coworker was working on the other end and was giving it a wiggle. I found where it was jamed, so I said hold on a sec. and not to wiggle it anymore, just then he kicked the end of the blade and took the end of my thumb right off.
My dumbest injury just happened 2 weeks ago. I was stripping some insulation off some romex wire and as I was cutting the insulation, my pocket knife slipped out of the insulation and went right up my index finger. Cut to the bone from my first knuckle to my second nuckle. Had five stiches put in and get them out on Wed.

1988 Wrangler, 2000 Cherokee Freedom Edition,
post #6 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Concussion playing football in the dorm hallway in college. My friends thought I was dying, because I curled up into the fetal position, my eyes rolled back in my head, and I started convulsing. Good times!

You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
-Douglas Adams
post #7 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Rocky529

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dumbest would have to be at work cutting a zip tie with a razor blade. I slipped and sliced down the side of my thumb. 17 stitches later and I was back at work the next day using scissors instead of a razor blade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
post #8 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:09 PM
PDX_XJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Best injury? I've got a wicked scar on my head that you can see if I shave it bald. It's a 2" scar that I got in a boating accident. A Bayliner ran over our boat. My head hit the bottom of its hull, narrowly missing the propeller. I was knocked cold. When I came to, I was on land, and the ambulance was arriving. I got a ride to the hospital, a CT scan, and five stitches. I like to tell people, "That's where a Bayliner bounced off my head."

Dumbest Injury? A few, but nothing permanent yet. One that was particularly stupid sticks out in my mind. A few years back, I was fooling around in a grade-school gym, and I went to the ball dunk in one of the short nets. I'm 5'5", and certainly hadn't dunked a basketball before, but I figured it wouldn't be too hard. So I grabbed a child-sized basketball, palmed it in one hand, ran right at the hoop, jumped, put the ball through the net, and, while still in mid-air, BAM!-smacked head-first into the 8x8 post the backboard was bolted to.

• Armor's Axiom: Virtue is the failure to achieve vice.
  • The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.
post #9 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:11 PM
ronprice

I scored a chance to make some great extra cash building stone crab trap for a friend of my fathers. As I was cutting a few hundred peices of treated lumber and stupidly wearing a pair of jersy gloves ,My right hand got cought in the blade of the saw and got 4 of my fingers. It tore up my index finger near severed the middle and lasarated theother 2. I have been around saws all my life and know not to wear gloves. But I was cutting alot of treated and was concered about the piosons in the wood.

Family of 5<Myself and 4 girls. Out numbered and dont care that I leave the seat UP.
-OIIIIIO-
post #10 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 PM
OffshoreAngler

I had a beam fall on my head well framing houses last summer and had to get 7 stiches.

My most stupid injury would have to be when someone sat on my tow and broke it.
post #11 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

ok, i remembered mine, it involves alcohol :

so one night in the dorms i got reallllllly drunk, like most nights in the dorms. another blackout verge night and i find myself in the bathroom late at night. i find a nantucket nectar bottle on the shelf infront of the mirror and think to myself:
"self, can you break that with your bare hands?"
i tried my best and couldnt, so i whacked it on the counter a few times till it cracked and then squeezed away again.
sure nuff, the bottle broke, and i found myself staring at a gash in my right index, left index, and right thumb. in each gash, i could see white chunks of fat, it was gross. i black out for a minute and next thing i know there is blood allllllll over the bathroom (and when i say all over, it looks like i swung my gushing hand around a few times....) i let them run under water for a minute thinking of what to do, and then i walk back to my room, grab a towel, and wrap both hands and calmly announce to my gf at the time and 4 other people in my room that i need to go to the hospital.

well who can drive? its a late night, freshman year, no one has a car, let alone sober enough to drive. my gf ended up calling my sister who lived nearby to come pick us up, then my gf dropped her back at her house and took me to the hospital.

i dont remember much of the hospital, but i do remember a doc saying i smell like cheap vodka (i wonder why....) and that i just got a total of 12 stitches in 3 fingers (i think).

well the next morning my sister drove me home, we planned that the day before, and i got to tell my parents why my hands were all bandaged.

they "believed" a good samiratain cleaning up broken glass story i dished out, i think... and paid my bill!

long read, but it was fun....

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #12 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Ski01xj

2002 WJ 

They didn't believe you, they were glad you were okay.
post #13 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 PM
RollerHman
Make Jeep Great Again

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski01xj
They didn't believe you, they were glad you were okay.
they said they did.......? senior year high school/freshman year college i think they were on a dont ask, dont tell policy with my drinking and figured ignorance was bliss....

16 Renegade
99 XJ
post #14 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Ski01xj

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerHman
they said they did.......? senior year high school/freshman year college i think they were on a dont ask, dont tell policy with my drinking and figured ignorance was bliss....

I guess, my parents have always been honest with me. And recently I've been hearing the stories that begin with "Do you remember when you came home that one night and told us" and ending with ".... and you thought we believe you?" I dunno, could just be my folks letting go now that I'm older.
post #15 of 121 Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Most of my stupid injuries involve me playing with my folding knives Though once I burned my hand dislodging a tree branch from between the body and exhaust pipe of the ZJ...

'11 WK2 Limited 5.7
Looking for a WK2 full size spare tire and 18" rims

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in