What are the best ways to generate sales leads? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-27-2021, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Yeryano

What are the best ways to generate sales leads?

Are there any business owners here? Share your experience and tips to avoid mistakes. I am new to this so look for the best and effective options. I found a database of US business geolocations and emails, it would be great to convert these leads into customers. How to write emails that actually drive results?

Last edited by Yeryano; 05-30-2021 at 12:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-27-2021, 01:29 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
might depend on what you are selling. My oldest would most likely say, networking. Has worked well for him.

Only time i sold a product so to say, was the same just no net and its ability to reach out much more. As well I ran an add back then in Mag that was specific in content for the businesses and world wide. hard to believe what one add can do back then in a mag. was like 250$ for the smallest space in the back, you would think few read. Paid it self off in the first month and was not even needed after. That is pre Net.....where people wrote checks

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-04-2021, 01:22 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

JMHO

An email wont generate a sale or a customer. Neither will a phone call, or a flyer, or a line card.

It takes time to build up a report, and a customer. The chance of you randomly reaching out to someone at the exact time they need you is miniscule.

Nothing I hate more than a cold call from someone who hasn't taken the time to know who I am, what do, where I'm at (or from) Learned how to pronounce my name/town/business, or worst of all, tries to blatantly lie by saying I had shown previous interest, or they already know me, because they are certain I NEED whatever they are selling.

Hoss

I used to be a people person, until people ruined it...
post #4 of 6 Old 06-10-2021, 07:14 AM
GregSimon

First, try to understand your audience. If you're sending emails and they're not working, try to answer two questions:
1. what are you emailing them about?
2. What contact list are you using? How many real consumers are there?

I can also advise you to use any automated email service that can provide feedback on email delivery and effectiveness.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-11-2021, 12:58 AM
themarkwilkins

Well for one, i think you should be at least convincing to look at talk to. That is one of the best points about this one and I think you should be able to come up with a way to make sure that they listen to you or at least get a moment to talk with you for one moment.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-11-2021, 05:45 PM
JeepJeffW

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Person to person contact/discussions are best!
Smile (you'd be surprised how many people notice)
Be honest and polite
What do you have that makes you or your product/service unique or better. Make sure they know it!
As said above you need to learn about your customers - spelling and pronouncing names, addresses and email references off the top of your head when talking are impressive.
When meeting or in a discussion IGNORE your phone if you haven't silenced it already. I use to pull my phone out at the earliest opportunity and turn it off in front of them. Then say something about being ready to focus on them now.

Lastly, forget about not making mistakes. We all make them, the trick is to recover from them with style.

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in